Finally eyeballing a 594 and about to pull the trigger....

Sorry man, no soapies. Spent a period of time where I had a Hamer USA deal and I played the Special P-90s. They sounded fat, but had too much noise for my rig. I tried moving to P100s, but the tone got lost. Switched over to the DiMarzio DLX soapbars, and that defeated the whole purpose. However, I will not lie, the CU22 triple soapbar really excites me, but I am not sure I would ever really play it because of my past experience with soapbars.
ISP Technologies Decimator II G String. The "4 cable" connection kinda spaghetti's the pedalboard layout but it will absolutely eliminate the noise and not kill your tone.

ISP Technologies Decimator II G String. The "4 cable" connection kinda spaghetti's the pedalboard layout but it will absolutely eliminate the noise and not kill your tone.

Cool, but too much work, lol. While I spent the last few years running a Helix rack, I am back to just guitar -> cable -> amp. No pedalboards anymore, the only effect I use is a Strymon Flint in the loop. That pedal is velcro'd inside the cabinet.

I hope you like the 594 you ordered! I’ll throw in my ridiculous two cents even though you did what I’d do...

I have a PS model McCarty Singlecut. As far as I’m concerned, it’s 99% as LP-ish as the 594. So when I tried the 594 in the store I felt I had that base covered.

And of course I did have that base covered.

But...

Then PRS came out with the 594 Soapbar. I got the DC version. Not only did I love the tone, I loved the neck and the overall feel of the guitar. I loved the neck so much, and the fact that it was lighter weight than the McSC, I got a DC 594 with humbuckers.

I must love my 594s, because they get the most action around here. Not that I don’t love my PS models, they’re fantastic. But the 594s have become my “grab it and work out a guitar part” guitars.

I do prefer the bridge 57/08 (that is a little different from the standard 57/08 I’m told, and that could just be that particular guitar) on the McCarty Singlecut. But the neck pickup...definitely the 594.

I’m late to the party, but just in case you were wondering what I would’ve said before you pulled the trigger,

Dew eet (in Sidious voice)

I have a SC one, and it's a great guitar. Unlike most others, I'm not crazy about the 58/15LTs. They aren't bad, but I prefer a hotter pickup. I ordered a PS a few months back and chose 58/15s.

I have a SC one, and it's a great guitar. Unlike most others, I'm not crazy about the 58/15LTs. They aren't bad, but I prefer a hotter pickup. I ordered a PS a few months back and chose 58/15s.

I was unsure about the LTs, but I have them in a CU22WL. It's not my normal sound, but I dig it for when I want to run the amp hotter than normal. The lower output pups tend to balance that higher gain in a cool way.

I hope you like the 594 you ordered! I’ll throw in my ridiculous two cents even though you did what I’d do...

I have a PS model McCarty Singlecut. As far as I’m concerned, it’s 99% as LP-ish as the 594. So when I tried the 594 in the store I felt I had that base covered.

And of course I did have that base covered.

But...

Then PRS came out with the 594 Soapbar. I got the DC version. Not only did I love the tone, I loved the neck and the overall feel of the guitar. I loved the neck so much, and the fact that it was lighter weight than the McSC, I got a DC 594 with humbuckers.

I must love my 594s, because they get the most action around here. Not that I don’t love my PS models, they’re fantastic. But the 594s have become my “grab it and work out a guitar part” guitars.

I do prefer the bridge 57/08 (that is a little different from the standard 57/08 I’m told, and that could just be that particular guitar) on the McCarty Singlecut. But the neck pickup...definitely the 594.
The pattern vintage neck nearly ruined me. Felt so awesome from the first moment I played it I nearly thought about selling the rest of my guitars. Thankfully, the more rational voice in my head won (rare these days!) and I merely ordered my long-planned custom order PS with a PV neck carve on a P245T instead. I play that guitar about 90% of the time since it arrived.

On the pickups, I like the LTs on the DC594, but not in a SC594. Tried the regular 58/15s, but really didn’t like them at all - the only ones of the 5x/xx series I don’t like. 57/08 or 59/09s work better for my not so great ears.

Back