Finally drank the KoolAid - New SE A160e

guitarzen

Hello,

New to the forum, new to PRS, new to buying "New" guitars (as opposed to 10-20 years old already) - killing the old adage about old dogs and new tricks...

First question - How long can I expect to have (play) the guitar before it really starts to open up? (Ziricote and Spruce with the modified bracing)

Thanks to all... in advance,
btw - Totally smitten by this guitar - first time I saw an AE 60 on line, I had to have it; so far, the guitar lives up to its promise - plays, sounds, looks, smells - all there...

Any other SE AE 60 Owners - feedback, tips, tricks, impressions???

Stu
PRS SE A60E - New
Washburn WCG15SCE12 12 String - New
Martin D-35 12 String - Early 70's
Martin D-35 6 String - Early 90's
D'Angelico Excel SS - 3 Years old
Yairi JY-10 Jumbo - mid 90's (Gibson killer)
Ibanez P-200 LP Lawsuit guitar - mid 70's
and other assorted...

IMO it's hard to say when an acoustic will open up. It depends on the model, the amount of time it is played (not just strung up), and environmental conditions (temp, humidity). The most important I believe is time being played. I have the SE Custom. I have noticed that it is starting to open up after about a year, but I don't play it as much as my electrics. Maybe once a week.

Thanks, that's kinda' what I expected. I was hoping some of Paul's "tricks" may also accelerate the process. I play mine regularly - rotating them through though - and it depends what is coming up that I need a certain sound for.
That's certainly not an "out of line" expectation. And, you're 100% correct - the most influential factor is the time spent playing the guitar.

Thanks, that's kinda' what I expected. I was hoping some of Paul's "tricks" may also accelerate the process. I play mine regularly - rotating them through though - and it depends what is coming up that I need a certain sound for.
That's certainly not an "out of line" expectation. And, you're 100% correct - the most influential factor is the time spent playing the guitar.

kinda bummed... i'm finding notes(frets) that can't be sounded off to the shop for her.... didn't expect this

should have been a comma... sounded","..... so off to the shop to get set... sorry, was in a hurry...

Back