Finally…

I remember because that setup sounded glorious.
Looking forward to seeing @vchizzle and the modding too! Great grab...
Good memory! I’ve talked about this less than the Mira or the dc-22, but yes, getting an S2 Singlecut standard satin and getting a pickguard made to house P90’s.

ofBIwUC.jpg

Now I need to decide real p90’s or noiseless could even try humbucker size. Someone has a set of Fralin’s for sale local.
I've been eyeing these for a while. They were everywhere it seemed for a while and then they all vanished.
I have been looking for the same but the tobacco burst and then maybe toss in some 5708's, thornbuckers or some antiquities.
Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I've been eyeing these for a while. They were everywhere it seemed for a while and then they all vanished.
I have been looking for the same but the tobacco burst and then maybe toss in some 5708's, thornbuckers or some antiquities.
Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
I haven’t seen one of these, but the Vela look sharp in that burst. Played one at Dave’s and it almost went home. Had it been a semi hollow I don’t think I’d have had the willpower.

6yqaKAi.jpg
Incoming. Been saying for years I would get one of these for mod purposes.

Close to 20 years ago, I had Singlecut standard satin. Thin satin nitro finish. Very resonant, rang like bell, awesome guitar. I liked it better than most other SC guitars I’ve had. So naturally I sold it!

Been interested in a p90 guitar for the last few years but didn’t want to sink a pile of money in. Gibson specials and juniors have appealed to me but I hate the way they feel. When the S2 line came around with these satin series, seemed the perfect solution and modding platform for me. Not knowing if I really want a p90 guitar, this is a great option. Can always load it with some 5708’s if not.

So I ran across this one with an extra pickguard, an extra Emerson prewired PRS type harness, extra jack and toggle upgrade and it felt meant to be. I’ll still need a custom pickguard to fit soapbars. It’s got some rash around the edges, but I don’t mind that.
Nice

I have a bigsby that I will donate to the mod if you want it. It is one of the longer ones from a hollow body type so may not work but… hollar if you want any pics.
Much appreciated but I have a Starla with a Bigsby, so I’m wanting this one to stay stoptail. Will be interesting to compare the 2 and see how much overlap there is.

Back