Fender Bullet strings on PRS tremolo

Fournij

Hi

Does the Fender Bullet strings works on a PRS tremolo (305 model) ?

Does the block tremolo is adapted as it's on a fender tremolo block ?

thanks

I can't comment on the 305 model but I've just started using Fender bulets on my CE24 trem without a problem. In fact they've solved a problem for me as the tails of most, if not all, other string sets seemed too long for my particular trem.

I can't imagine the trem being a whole lot different but in any case, for the sake of a couple of bucks/pounds/dinas/dracmas buy a set and try them.

I can't comment on the 305 model but I've just started using Fender bulets on my CE24 trem without a problem. In fact they've solved a problem for me as the tails of most, if not all, other string sets seemed too long for my particular trem.

I can't imagine the trem being a whole lot different but in any case, for the sake of a couple of bucks/pounds/dinas/dracmas buy a set and try them.

MacDaddy!!!!! Great call!!! I pulled my CU24 out of retirement on a whim - and even told myself it could be 'goodbye' time if we didn't hit it off again - gigged it at the weekend and broke a 'D' string at the bridge in the 2nd to last song - reminded why I put it away for 5+ years!! I'd been having exactly the same problem and breaking 'D' strings more often than I cared to think about. As you say - the 'tail' wrap was coming right up to the break angle over the saddle (D'Addario XL's - 10-46) and before too long - giving up at the saddle - core wire breaking and the outer wrap 'unwrapping'. I'll try some bullets! You may have just saved this relationship! I just love the way the trem sounds on this guitar - hold a couple of notes, waggle the bar and heaven! Haven't found another guitar that has certain something.

Will let you know!

Sorry Fournij - didn't help your original query... :-(

Here's a pic showing what I meant re the end windings enchroaching on the saddle area - looking forward to seeing bullets will do the trick!!
IMAG0416_zps9bf4fe67.jpg
[/IMG]

i just got a 2011 cu24 3 months ago and keep breaking a and d strings. what a relief to read about this string wrap issue. i had been getting very angry thinking about the money i spent on this machine only to have it be not dependable. 1 four hour show on a set of strings and thats it. not cool! thank you so much.

Back