FedEx Strikes Again!!! :(

That sucks. It hurt me when I saw the picture so I can only imagine how disappointing that is.

I only hope the person who inflicted that damage realizes what they did and has to live with the guilt — for the rest of their life... and beyond.

OMG that's both horrible and a tragedy. That is an incredibly stunning guitar.
It had to have gotten a REALLY hard hit; like it was laying flat and something akin to a bowling ball fell six feet on to that part of the box.
Was the bubble wrap on the faces of the case too, or mostly just near the ends?

The switch is so near to the edge of the case! It seems impossible that there could nave been that much force...hitting the top of the case right at the side like that to push down the switch hard enough to bust the top...shouldn't the case also be crushed at that spot, no?

It's not like it's in the center where the case could flex. It's right at the side. You should be able to stand on it there and not do any damage.

If the case is undamaged, I'd almost think it happened as they were putting it in the case...hate to say it, but if the seller did it, it's one way (maybe the only way) for them to recover the cost of ruining the instrument...

on no!!! That’s awful. Save all the shipping materials. Some shipping companies need to see it in order to honor the insurance claim.

And why I ALWAYS take pics of packaging with each step. They also typically want to see the box certification label.

Cause the first thing they’re going to hit you with is “shipper’s negligence.”

Last edited:
How did this turn out? Having guitars shipped has always freaked me out. My last one was shipped without a case (I knew this) and with the gentle UPS handling the head stock penetrated the packaging wrap and cardboard like an arrow head. That camo SE is like a rock and took it like all the other abuse from its previous life.

Duct-tape.jpg

We can it. We can anything.

Dealing with FedEx myself on something similar. Not optimistic, but I do have the backup of having that (and all other guitars) covered by a separate "personal articles" policy.

Responsibility really does need to fall to the shipper, not the recipient.

I won’t do business with anyone who ships with Fed-ucks..period. I have had too many BAD experiences with them. Either damage, or “lost” shipments, or “couldn’t find address” nonsense. I had 4 damage claims with them...got paid for 3. Quit using them 8 years ago. Never use them is my advise to anyone. Sorry for your guitar, it was a stunner.

Back