FedEx Strikes Again!!! :(

prs19

Super excited to get a brand new rare bird guitar. It arrived two days after initial scheduled delivery date. Let it become one with the house environment for 6 hours. Opened it up and started drooling at how stunning the top was peeking through the lid as I opened it. Then as my eyes finished the lid opening look they were drawn to the image below and my stomach and heart sank.

lYzqimm.jpg

This is what she was supposed to arrive like.

9KyBwGY.jpg

Mdc4H0U.jpg

f8HqaVE.jpg

Just hoping the dealer bought the shipping insurance and FedEx approves the claim. Even if that happens though I’m always going to feel this is the one that got away! So stinking bummed.

on no!!! That’s awful. Save all the shipping materials. Some shipping companies need to see it in order to honor the insurance claim.

That does suck. I just got a new SE Santana from SW and I was impressed with the packing they provided, especially around the headstock. Or maybe PRS does this as well. In any event a guitar like yours shows the weak spot if not protected correctly. Hopefully both the dealer and maybe even PRS will make changes in how they ship. Was the outside box in good shape?

Wow that (for lack of a better term) SUCKS!!! I really do not know what is going on with FedEx anymore. AT one time I considered them to be one of the better freight company's. Now I shudder when I see they are being used!

That does suck. I just got a new SE Santana from SW and I was impressed with the packing they provided, especially around the headstock. Or maybe PRS does this as well. In any event a guitar like yours shows the weak spot if not protected correctly. Hopefully both the dealer and maybe even PRS will make changes in how they ship. Was the outside box in good shape?

The strange thing is when I picked it up I ended up taking it out of the boxes as I drive a small car. I remember thinking this guitar is packed the best I’ve ever seen. It was double boxed with bubble wrap galore. I did notice one corner dented but was not alarmed as I’ve seen worse. I think it was a dynamic drop event. At least that’s my guess. The case in that area is stout! I don’t know what happened but I’m completely bummed. Dealer is closed today. Be interesting to talk with them hopefully tomorrow.

I didn’t even strum it or look at the back. I immediately took a picture and closed the case. So bummed.

So sorry to see that.

I reckon PTC could fix that.

Maybe you don’t want them to, but if the insurance pays out and you could come to some arrangement with the Dealer?

Aw man, that is heart wrenching. Such a stunner of a guitar, too.

Super excited to get a brand new rare bird guitar. It arrived two days after initial scheduled delivery date. Let it become one with the house environment for 6 hours. Opened it up and started drooling at how stunning the top was peeking through the lid as I opened it. Then as my eyes finished the lid opening look they were drawn to the image below and my stomach and heart sank.

lYzqimm.jpg

This is what she was supposed to arrive like.

9KyBwGY.jpg

Mdc4H0U.jpg

f8HqaVE.jpg

Just hoping the dealer bought the shipping insurance and FedEx approves the claim. Even if that happens though I’m always going to feel this is the one that got away! So stinking bummed.

Duuuude!!! I just threw up in my mouth a little! Soooo sorry this happened! What a beautiful guitar and all that AAA+ Crafsmanship that went into it building it for this to happen!:( F@#kin FedEx!!! :mad::mad:

Hopefully it will all get sorted out quickly. Hang in there and like @dogrocketp said...we are all suffering with you!

What a shame! The guitar is absolutely killer looking otherwise.

I'd have been pretty bummed, too.

Ugh. Thats awful. So painful to see this so I can only imagine how you must feel.
What a beautiful guitar.
I'm always such a worry wart whenever anything ships.
I'll bet PTC can repair that. Hopefully your going to be able to enjoy it sometime soon.

I have had bad deliveries from both FedEx and UPS (more so from FedEx). You can receive a box that is doubled up, open it up and find damage. The box can be doubled up because the shipper didn't want you to see the damage they did to the original box and have you scream at the delivery person and refuse the shipment. I am so sorry that happened to your new baby, such a beautiful guitar.

Back