Feature I wish Reverb had...

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
When a buyer makes an offer on Reverb, I wish they were required to enter payment info, so that if the offer is accepted, payment would happen immediately. My wife sells stuff online on a lot of platforms, and Poshmark does this - makes for a better experience since there's no waiting, no backing out, and your item isn't off the market and in limbo.

I accepted an offer on my HX Effects 2 days ago on Reverb. Not a peep from the buyer, and have to wait 72 hours for them to pay before I can relist.

Yes, this is a first world problem and I'm just griping.

Totally agree @Aahzz, my friend went around with this just a couple of weeks ago with a keyboard he was selling. Buyer ended up balking, and another potential buyer went elsewhere in the meantime. He sold it a few days later anyway, but it does seem like a flaw in the system. If you make the offer, you should do it being prepared to purchase immediately on approval.

I messaged the dude, got a response that they hadn't factored in the tax, and they didn't want it any more. If they had just told me that when I accepted the offer, I could have had it relisted rather than sitting off the market for 2 days. I'd pulled the listing off Craigslist as well.

Not sure where they're going to find an HX Effects plus a Line 6 Expression Predal for less than $425 plus tax, shipped.

Last edited:
I messaged the dude, got a response that they hadn't factored in the tax, and they didn't want it any more. If they had just told me that when I accepted the offer, I could have had it relisted rather than sitting off the market for 2 days. I'd pulled the listing off Craigslist as well.

Not sure where they're going to find an HX Effects plus a Line 6 Expression Predal for less than $425 plus tax, shipped.

Reverb should ban the prick.

We should troll him...

I'm in the same situation from a pedal I had on FleaBay. I took it off 2 other sites where I had it listed Monday night after they committed, and have yet to pay. GGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
Yup. Sorry to hear this. eBay policy allows 2 days from "Commit to Purchase" to requiring payment completion. After that, you take up a complaint with eBay for the non-paying buyer. eBay is comparatively strict with commit to buy, and while it is more involved "busy-work hassle", you can find greater happiness knowing you used legal eBay channels to work for you.

I've only needed this aspect of eBay once or twice with delinquent buyers. And I've need to be patient regards the 2-day payment window. Sometimes patience is a virtue, but dang, the waiting part is not as bad as waiting for an ordered PRS from the factory, which is like what timeframe?

Do you still get to leave feedback on this clown so that others are wary?

And do they in turn get to leave an unwarranted derogatory feedback against you? It’s why the feedback system is a fail.

Very true about the system being broken, but no, they can't leave feedback for me at this point either.

I had an issue with an order from a well-respected retailer who sent me the wrong item, and wasn't terribly helpful about returning it. However, once we started the return process, the ability to leave feedback went away.

Yup. Sorry to hear this. eBay policy allows 2 days from "Commit to Purchase" to requiring payment completion. After that, you take up a complaint with eBay for the non-paying buyer. eBay is comparatively strict with commit to buy, and while it is more involved "busy-work hassle", you can find greater happiness knowing you used legal eBay channels to work for you.

I've only needed this aspect of eBay once or twice with delinquent buyers. And I've need to be patient regards the 2-day payment window. Sometimes patience is a virtue, but dang, the waiting part is not as bad as waiting for an ordered PRS from the factory, which is like what timeframe?
Well wonder of wonders they paid last night, just under the 48 hour time limit.

This is why I don't like selling pedals! ;). Its frustrating that happened to you but you will find a buyer.

Repeat the following: "I'd love to sell all my pedals to pay for (insert whatever your spouse wants here), but the Reverb buyers keep backing out". If your spouse questions this then send them here and we'll back you up! ;)

Back