Favorite Top Figuring

I prefer quilted tops, but quilted is way more rare than flamed maple.
I'm very glad, that 2011 quilted maple tops could have been selected for the core line.
My latest purchased guitars provide predominatly flames. The Peavey HP2 NOS combines it with a birdseye maple neck, the Linus Red Scorpion with an allover flamed maple body and neck.

11079144-jpg.840754

11079147-jpg.840755

For me, the match is more important than the figuring. I HATE bookmatches that don't even come close to matching at the center line. When matched properly, they can blow away one piece tops just because of the symmetry playing mirror games on the mind! Given the choice though, quilted would generally be my preference! I love the flame on my McCarty HBII (aka Hoorman Gitfiddle) and it is book matched front to back! Thanks to the great minds at Ish Guitars!!! This is my daily player, though that is largely based on weight! It is about 1.5 lbs lighter than both of my CU24's, but I LOVE the scale length on the CU24's so much more!
HBII_HoormanGitfiddle_2021May13.jpg

For me, the match is more important than the figuring. I HATE bookmatches that don't even come close to matching at the center line. When matched properly, they can blow away one piece tops just because of the symmetry playing mirror games on the mind! Given the choice though, quilted would generally be my preference! I love the flame on my McCarty HBII (aka Hoorman Gitfiddle) and it is book matched front to back! Thanks to the great minds at Ish Guitars!!! This is my daily player, though that is largely based on weight! It is about 1.5 lbs lighter than both of my CU24's, but I LOVE the scale length on the CU24's so much more!
HBII_HoormanGitfiddle_2021May13.jpg
I’m the most trustworthy man alive, but if that was red, or blue…. I’m ashamed to say I’d steal it from you and only feel a little remorse. :D

I’m the most trustworthy man alive, but if that was red, or blue…. I’m ashamed to say I’d steal it from you and only feel a little remorse. :D
I have been looking at this pick (I don't look at it while playing but it is also on the desktop of my main computer along with it's PRSibbling), but I might have to modify it's name to Hoorman "The Green Tiger" Gitfidle!!! The more I look at those stripes, the more I think tiger!!!

As for stealing it, try you might, but will you won't (although apparently you won't try because your a colorist)!!! From my cold dead hands, and from there to a public school so children can feel what perfection felt like in 2021!!!!

At the time is was called Signature - later renamed to 408 for the core line.
Yes, Private Stock to get those electronics on a Santana.
That’s sick, great build. What’s the top wood? Planning on getting my own PS Santana once finances allow it.

Back