Favorite song to play?

Today when I sat down with 6 strings, the first thing my hands did was knock out a little Up in Smoke by Blackberry Smoke.

And, today is my last day to handle a guitar for about 7 weeks. Tomorrow is knife to the shoulder day. I can't remember the last time I was unable to play for a stretch longer that 10 days. Fark!!!:(
All the best mate!

Today when I sat down with 6 strings, the first thing my hands did was knock out a little Up in Smoke by Blackberry Smoke.

And, today is my last day to handle a guitar for about 7 weeks. Tomorrow is knife to the shoulder day. I can't remember the last time I was unable to play for a stretch longer that 10 days. Fark!!!:(
Here’s to a speedy and complete recovery!

Last edited:
Hmm...I usually just noodle some random blusey stuff...but I have to play the solo from Mother (Pink Floyd not Danzig) on electric. If I grab an acoustic, I immediately go to Wish You Were here also Pink Floyd. Or at least as close as I can get to what either song is supposed to sound like.:confused:

Johnny b goode, is always one of my favs to play, mostly because Back to the Future movie from when I was a kid and the nostalgia it brings playing it.

Slayer, Angel of death is another one, in particular, the one kick ass riff in the middle of the song.

Billy Squire, Lonely is the night

Metallica The Memory Remains. I Never liked this song when it first came out, but it grew on me over the years, and I play it almost every time I pick up the guitar.

Am having a go at Martin Simpson's arrangement of the traditional song The Cuckoo - sounds simple until you try to get the hammer-ons in the right place.......

Mojo send, speedy recovery

I've been there - when I had surgery to correct nerve damage in my fretting hand. Seemed like forever. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Best of luck, here’s to a speedy recovery ...

Back