Favorite signature model and why finish.

Paul's Guitar in Copper…

03.jpg

Hey, don't forget every PRS guitar is a signature model!! :laugh:

Just kidding. Anyway, I'll be defending the SEs. I'll go with the plain jane SE Tim Mahoney, and it comes in only one finish...:laugh:

Mine may be the future Zack Myers semi/fully hollow SE!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the finish turns out on those. Not to mention the rest of the guitar! The proto looks SWEET.

Current favorite is the SE Akesson. Ebony board, jumbo frets, special dark birds, Tonepros bridge, and a sexy quilt top. Lots of guitar for SE money :)

10784221424_0c1d4f5462_c.jpg

Bonnie Pink DGT!
Although, I have to say, I do think Goldtop is the most "classic" finish on this model. I also like the DGT Goldtop is darker and more "antique" looking than the regular PRS Goldtop color.

Last edited:
For american made it'd be the DGT and I don't really care about color. I'd also like to have a Bernie Marsden model.

Goldtop DGT. Although a goldtop Tremonti looks awesome, too. But I don't have a goldtop Tremonti.

I do have a goldtop DGT. :proud:

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the finish turns out on those. Not to mention the rest of the guitar! The proto looks SWEET.

Current favorite is the SE Akesson. Ebony board, jumbo frets, special dark birds, Tonepros bridge, and a sexy quilt top. Lots of guitar for SE money :)

10784221424_0c1d4f5462_c.jpg

This too. This or the SE Zach Myers. That other day I tried it and I just couldn't put it down. The tone is way better than any other SE singlecuts there, and it's a great looker too! Funny that I should say, I couldn't get used to the extra thick body (which is what most people like them for) and the reverse bridge vol/tone controls.

This too. This or the SE Zach Myers. That other day I tried it and I just couldn't put it down. The tone is way better than any other SE singlecuts there, and it's a great looker too! Funny that I should say, I couldn't get used to the extra thick body (which is what most people like them for) and the reverse bridge vol/tone controls.

You tried the ZM, or the Akesson? They're very similar guitars, so I would expect the ZM to be pretty sweet too. Bummer on the controls, but I can definitely see where someone used to the traditional LP layout would be thrown off. Luckily it was my first LP style guitar, so I didn't have to re-learn anything. I know what you mean about the tone compared to the other singlecut SE's though - I just haven't been that thrilled by the tone of any of the stock SE 245's. They all sound a bit thin to me. I don't know what it is about these sig's, my guess is the Tonepro's bridge, but they really sound full to me. If you can force yourself to come around to the thicker body, you won't regret it!

Hey guys, I am just wondering what everyones favorite signature model and finish is. Mine is the Santana in vintage sunburst
Well, you're very close to being right…..

The completely correct answer is; Santana in (what else?) Santana Yellow!

You tried the ZM, or the Akesson? They're very similar guitars, so I would expect the ZM to be pretty sweet too. Bummer on the controls, but I can definitely see where someone used to the traditional LP layout would be thrown off. Luckily it was my first LP style guitar, so I didn't have to re-learn anything. I know what you mean about the tone compared to the other singlecut SE's though - I just haven't been that thrilled by the tone of any of the stock SE 245's. They all sound a bit thin to me. I don't know what it is about these sig's, my guess is the Tonepro's bridge, but they really sound full to me. If you can force yourself to come around to the thicker body, you won't regret it!

Yep, definitely. I can't see why any LP lovers wouldn't like that hefty body. :laugh: As for the controls, I mean the bridge controls were put in front and the neck controls were in the back, meaning it's like "inverted". Well, FA prefered it that way, so that's the way it should be! I like the ZM for the 3 pickups. Although the middle pickup might not be of much use to me, I love the way it looks. Kinda like, an evolved blue Ace Frehley LP. :top:

Back