Favorite Quilt Top

My modest fiddles could never compare with the thoroughbreds in this thread. But here's a nice natural SC Trem Rosie I had a while ago:

6378025799_364d254970_o.jpg
They could sound better. There’s no telling.

Trust me, in this regard we all hate someone. :p

There’s always a bigger fish. And when you finally become the biggest fish, there’ll be something else to envy - for example the ability to run 3 clicks without panting etc.

Yup.
The PS Friday thread is now just torture to me. A collection of shoulda,coulda, and woulda, but didn't.
And since I'm not ready to go again quite yet I can't consider it research.

My first two PSs.

And they were the first snakewood fret boards and first walnut backs (I supplied both back in the good ol' days).

I love that tubular quilt in the bottom one. That looks like the one Knaggs picked for me. You do not see a lot of that anymore. Stunning!

3HoySUB.jpg

Necrobumping this thread for the love of quilts: my new PRS guitars. Sold my previous PRS S2 594 and Zach Myers when I realized I kept wanting quilts over regular flames. So I got these versions instead… and have zero regrets.
Those are quite the fine examples of quilts! I think you did good in swapping out because you are happier now and that is all that counts!!!

Happy pickin'!
MW

I’m not a big fan of quilts, but if the right guitar comes along with a tone I like, a quilt isn’t a deal-breaker.

Here are two I currently have.

I bought this one because it sounded unbelievable. Couldn’t get the tone out of my head for a couple of days. When that happens, it’s because the universe is speaking to me, and pulling the trigger is mandatory. The type of curl in the maple becomes irrelevant.

81aB0Cr.jpg

This one sounded so good, and looked so dreadful, I couldn’t pass it up. The finish reminds me of the instant of a nuclear explosion. I realized I was the only PRS fan on the planet who’d wllingly accept its weirdness, so I brought it into the fold. Fortunately, it has served me well in my ad work:

zqTscSX.jpg

Formerly mine; I’m a complete sucker for black gold:

QEYc8vs.jpg

I like flame tops, but there have been other quilts I’ve owned.

I’m not a big fan of quilts, but if the right guitar comes along with a tone I like, a quilt isn’t a deal-breaker.

Here are two I currently have.

I bought this one because it sounded unbelievable. Couldn’t get the tone out of my head for a couple of days. When that happens, it’s because the universe is speaking to me, and pulling the trigger is mandatory. The type of curl in the maple becomes irrelevant.

81aB0Cr.jpg

This one sounded so good, and looked so dreadful, I couldn’t pass it up. The finish reminds me of the instant of a nuclear explosion. I realized I was the only PRS fan on the planet who’d wllingly accept its weirdness, so I brought it into the fold. Fortunately, it has served me well in my ad work:

zqTscSX.jpg

Formerly mine; I’m a complete sucker for black gold:

QEYc8vs.jpg

I like flame tops, but there have been other quilts I’ve owned.
Those are some fine examples of quilt Mr. Les. Can you share a pic of the rest of the fret inlays on the CU24 (hope I got that right) please? Those look really cool! PS I assume! Thanks for sharing!!!

Those are some fine examples of quilt Mr. Les. Can you share a pic of the rest of the fret inlays on the CU24 (hope I got that right) please? Those look really cool! PS I assume! Thanks for sharing!!!

Glad you like it! Was one of a limited run of PS 30th Anniversary CU24s. I was going to buy a Core Artist version of the guitar with a flame top, but I decided just for grins to see if it sounded different from the PS.

It did sound different. I couldn't get the tone of the PS out of my head for a few days, so I bought it. It's a fantastic instrument. I've had great luck with these PS runs.

Back