Favorite player that uses PRS ?

Lots of my faves already mentioned (Santana, Mayer, Mason, Hiland), but does Derek Trucks count too? He's a PRS amp player, right?

I just picked up Gov't Mule Bring On The Music on disc. Warren pulls out a PRS for one song. I wasn't familiar with it so I had to Google it to figure out what model it was. It's a SE Mike Mushok Baritone. I haven't finished watching so I don't know if he uses any others.

I suffered a serious spell of idiocy when this question crossed the forum, because honestly very few of my favorite players are PRS players. One sort-of exception is Alex Lifeson, but as I've commented before, I truly believe he sounds better playing his Gibsons.

I can't explain this case of amnesia, but when my memory actually, like, functions, I remember my favorite PRS slinger is by far (ahem!) Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth.

He's my heavy metal version of Gilmour and Hetfield all rolled up into one. This mad Swede makes music that both sounds like the end of the world and is hauntingly beautiful. Surely some of y'all remember a fantastic gig they played at the PRS Experience in 2011.

Here they are playing a fan favorite at the Royal Albert Hall. If you don't care for the vocals, skip ahead to 3:21. They change completely and there's plenty of song left at that point:

And here's a brand new cut from their upcoming album. BIG volume jump here, so watch out!

Back