Favorite player that uses PRS ?

Clapton. Is. God.

37fa1780bf6f012d63f600163e41dd5b

There was a lot of fanfare going on at the time about Nile Rodgers playing on this, and, OMG, rightfully so... Nile is a absolute god of guitar. But, it’s what I believe are Paul’s parts that instantly transport me to some place special.

Those little muted, ticky bits and inversions, especially at the “party” part about a third of the way through are f@cking roller-disco-genius!

Dude consistently gets called to play guitar on the biggest albums ever.

When I watched that Quincy Jones doc, and they did a Michael Jackson reunion of sorts for some of those songs, and I finally found out Paul played the real dope sh!t I’ve been listening to my whole life... I wasn’t surprised really, but a bunch of stuff all of the sudden made sense in my life.

If I ever have the pleasure of meeting him, I’m gonna offer to mow his lawn or pick up his dry cleaning or something.
I’m getting more and more like that about Tim Pierce. The dude was the secret hero behind so much more than we realize. But when I do realize, it’s mind-blowing sh@t! Just thought about him doing Runaway and am, again, just shaking my head.

Bad Love...great song! I remember opening that tune on even the tiniest of stages with pencil-beams coming up from the floor behind me thru purple fog. Perhaps my only cool rock-n-roll moments. Good times...

Last edited:
Although I personally don't have a "favorite" player who uses PRS, I was surprised last night when a lead guitarist/singer on TV (The Kate) was using a Vela SC on stage. Darned good R&B singer.

PRS guitars are popping up in public view more often, and more not necessarily with core or higher end models...

I'm gonna say Matt Scannell of Vertical Horizon as my "favorite" PRS player. Yeah, there might be bigger acts like Santana, Mayer, etc., but he's most inspiring to me and he's been playing PRSi for a super long time.

I'm gonna say Matt Scannell of Vertical Horizon as my "favorite" PRS player. Yeah, there might be bigger acts like Santana, Mayer, etc., but he's most inspiring to me and he's been playing PRSi for a super long time.

At the last Experience, VH opened with this song which I hadn’t heard before. I was so taken with it that I asked Matt what it was. I downloaded it as soon as I got home.

Back