Favorite player that uses PRS ?

Do I have to be the guy who posts this?? Ok fine...

AkpG5c8GgbqZCBUsvKpxFU-970-80.jpg

photo12.jpg

There was a lot of fanfare going on at the time about Nile Rodgers playing on this, and, OMG, rightfully so... Nile is a absolute god of guitar. But, it’s what I believe are Paul’s parts that instantly transport me to some place special.

Those little muted, ticky bits and inversions, especially at the “party” part about a third of the way through are f@cking roller-disco-genius!

Dude consistently gets called to play guitar on the biggest albums ever.

When I watched that Quincy Jones doc, and they did a Michael Jackson reunion of sorts for some of those songs, and I finally found out Paul played the real dope sh!t I’ve been listening to my whole life... I wasn’t surprised really, but a bunch of stuff all of the sudden made sense in my life.

If I ever have the pleasure of meeting him, I’m gonna offer to mow his lawn or pick up his dry cleaning or something.

Probably my favorite. His jazzy sh!t is cool but.... his rhythm playing on other people’s records is LEGENDARY.
That guy can really "groove" Can't agree with you enough. A great talent. & a nice guy as well - met him at the PRS booth in NAMM a few years ago.

How about Miles Gilderdale of Acoustic Alchemy? (When he plays electric guitar, he has been recently using a PRS guitar)

Dustie Waring for me! All the guys in Between the Buried and me are absolute monster players though.

Reactions: jfb
Paul Gilbert is an alien. No one should have that level of proficiency, he makes ridiculous stuff look like he isn’t even breaking a sweat.
I just won a year sub to his lessons on ArtistWorks. 4 lessons in and he's already showing a way to hold the pick with 3 fingers that I find alien.

Steven Wilson also for me.

I just add anesthetize DVD to my collection. Definitely a must have!

I am also a big alter bridge fan, but even if Mark is amazing, after seeing them both live (several times for Mark) I definitely prefer Steven. Mark is more technics and aggressive, but Steven has the attitude I really appreciate.

Last edited:
Reactions: jfb
Back