Favorite guitar?

I reach for my 594 more than my others, but that’s more a reflection of a couple of factors: It sits more or less in the middle of the tone continuum in my head, and it’s very light. So it’s easy.

When the time comes to evaluate which guitar suits a track or mix best, I’ll usually put more thought into it.

Is that the “Space Tone Continuum”?

I reach for my 594 more than my others, but that’s more a reflection of a couple of factors: It sits more or less in the middle of the tone continuum in my head, and it’s very light. So it’s easy.

That's understandable - the 594 is such a great and playable instrument and I love the neck on it too. My DC isn't heavy - certainly not compared to the majority of Les Pauls - but its not as light as my Hollowbody (unsurprisingly).

What I meant by my post is that more often than not I would play any of my favourite 3. Out of 10 sessions for example, the 509 may get played once whilst the others all get played 3 times each - unless of course I am looking for something specific that only 1 of these guitars can offer. As I said, it was only a 'small' margin that separated the 509 from the rest and that was enough for me to consider the other 3 as favourites but that doesn't mean that I don't love my 509 or would be ok to see it go.

That's understandable - the 594 is such a great and playable instrument and I love the neck on it too. My DC isn't heavy - certainly not compared to the majority of Les Pauls - but its not as light as my Hollowbody (unsurprisingly).

What I meant by my post is that more often than not I would play any of my favourite 3. Out of 10 sessions for example, the 509 may get played once whilst the others all get played 3 times each - unless of course I am looking for something specific that only 1 of these guitars can offer. As I said, it was only a 'small' margin that separated the 509 from the rest and that was enough for me to consider the other 3 as favourites but that doesn't mean that I don't love my 509 or would be ok to see it go.

I figure I’m lucky to have some nice choices, regardless of how the rotation works. I’m sure you feel this way, too.

I think I’m in love with my new sweetheart !!

I have to show her off again.....

PM8BKWS.jpg

W9gX5yI.jpg

WAAAAAANG
DANG
SWEET POONTANG

I give em PRS fever
PRS fever
It's nothin dangerous
I feel no pain
I've got to ch ch change
You know you've got it when your GASin hard
It leaves a grown man broke, broke
Now watch me clean out my bank!

Ok I'll stop

dscn0047-jpg.691731

dscn0053-jpg.691732

Though I let somebody made me a guitar according my specs, it's the 513 MT, which I play most of the time (Okay, my wife donated me the money for spending it for something I want in 2021.)
HOLY QUILTS!! beautiful guitars, I must say I really like 513 a lot, wish he had a 24 fret version. Rock on

This just shows how fickle I am LOL. For the past few weeks it’s been this Paul’s Guitar that used to be Paul’s personal guitar (Paul’s Paul’s Guitar).

It served as Paul’s personal prototype for the new 2019 Paul’s Guitar. Paul also personally handpicked the woods, and I’m certainly not gonna argue with his selection because this axe indeed has special tone.

Chaltecoco neck and Honduran RW FB. Comes with extra large mini toggles, whaddaya know!
nJHaLdR.jpg
qOP5CZL.jpg
ljYZsVb.jpg
ahgdpEk.png

And....this post will expire in 3 weeks time, maybe..
Just want to post an update here. This guitar has grown and grown on me. It’s practically my favorite now. The inherent tone on this thing is just magical, and I mean independent of the electronics. The responsiveness and liveliness is off the charts.

When I bought it, it was mainly due to it’s history as Paul’s personal guitar, and the fact that he picked out the woods including a Chaltecoco neck and Honduran RW FB. It didn’t take long to realise it’s much more than that - this is a bona fide magic guitar. Everytime I pick it up, it’s done in awe. Everytime I pluck a note, I savour the special tone.

I also love it’s dark dirty look. Its even got Paul’s buckle rash! I am NOT going to buff a single square inch of this guitar!
YyFzA3C.jpg
2PdOcct.jpg
XGEMFXK.jpg
T84BSyZ.jpg
qUQm49F.jpg

Back