Favorite guitar?

Like others here my favorite can change a few times during the same day but it's mostly one of these 4

2001 Standard 22

2001 McCarty

2006 CE24 Mahogany

2015 McCarty

or any of these (It's a wonder I ever get time to play with all the choices I've got)

Last edited:
What??????????

Clearly, you must be joking!!!!

The one with the most guitars.....WINS!!!!

Or the most Swamp Ash Narraowfields. Actually, I have a few more since I took this pic.

image11_zps1w5eymgt.jpg

I don't have a favourite at all!!! Can you pick one of these 3??

sn160bX.jpg

Not the best picture but I do have a favourite 'top' out of these 3 and I would 'upgrade' the others to get better tops as long as they are Fire Burst Red of course but that's cosmetics but as far as instruments, I think they all serve a uniquely different purpose and so my 'favourite' has to be the one that happens to be the one that delivers what I want at that time.

Anyway, the guitar that has my favourite top in my Custom 24...

vbFJx28.jpg

Of course I could eventually end up with a 'favourite' over all of these if I find a Hollowbody 2/Hollowbody 594 with Piezo in Fire Red burst, Ravens Heart etc. I doubt I will ever get the PS 594 Graveyard 2 but my 'dream' guitar would love a HB version of that with Piezo and an arched maple back on Ravens Heart with a rosewood or ebony fretboard and Red Fret markers - even if they are the traditional PRS birds and not Ravens. I do like the fretboard of the Graveyard 2 but I would prefer an Ebony fretboard and all the way up and Red Fret markers - then I would easily have a favourite... :D

Last edited:
Depends on the gig..........theater gig? Se 245- blends well with brass and reeds, r n’b?-EGII when Lindy finishes fixing one of the dominos, SAS as my backup. Rock- 2006 CE 24 w 57/08’s. Blues- 2017 S2 Custom 24. Big band- Guild X170. Dixieland or 20’s music- Loar L-500 #113. I have excuses for my other guitars as well.

Favorite? Well, it's not my best guitar, but my '99 American Standard Strat is the one I'd run back into a burning building to save. Mainly due to having a tremendous amount of sentimental value. I couldn't even count the number of guitars that have come and gone since I got this but it remains. Got it on a clearance rack at a GC just as the new "American Series" was coming out (if my memory serves me). It's had a few sets of pickups in it over the years but I finally settled on Custom Shop '69s in it about 10 year ago. Had to have a new neck under warranty, locking tuners added, etc. Lots of battle scars - one of them kind of literal.... ;-)

It's a great guitar actually...

223801_4391448902933_473223600_n-L.jpg

It is funny how we connect with one guitar that is just "IT". That is this one for several years now. Not the fanciest. Not the most expensive. The wiring (as I received it) is slightly different than typical. But it is THE ONE that always seems to make me play better, often without even thinking about it.

But in the spirit of this site, if I had to pick ONE PRS, I'd likely circle back to this one.

On a different day, it might be the DGT with pernambuco neck......

Back