Favorite guitar?

This one has been on the top since I got it.

YkOT63S.jpg

These 2 are trying hard to unseat it.

BAcDrvX.jpg

FfKIe9f.jpg

Totally awesome! How could you choose with that lineup! :eek::D

And..... Of course my old beat up 1990 custom 24 and whake blue 10 top.... Favorite trem guitar

And the 1990 Whale blue.....

SMhJBzN.jpg

Wow! Your whale blue hasn't faded over all those years? If I compare to my beautiful 1991 yours looks like new - mine is more grey/brown now but I love that faded color!

My go-to is still the ‘06 CE-22 in Blazing Copper I picked up in the spring.

SC7Q5q2.jpg

The dumb genius had sanded off the finish on the maple neck and it feels fantastic. Pickup swap to exposed VB/HFS and a bridge swap to a one piece Mil-Com, and it’s my favorite sounding, too.

Just changed my amp setup to a Mesa Mark IV and Bogner Goldfinger, and not only do I keep reaching for this guitar, I’m looking to trade my two Les Pauls for two PRS models now.

Well.....I had to cancel my preorder for my CE24 Semi-hollow.

On the bright side, I found what might be the best guitar I've ever played. I went to my local GC to try out a new CE24 that I remembered them having, so I could get a feel for the carve and feel. Unfortunately, it had sold since the last time I was in there. I was browsing around when one of the guys pulled out a mint condition 2015 SC245 from behind the counter. I tried it out and was really digging it but I walked out of there thinking "No, I've got my preorder." I ended up going home, dwelling on it for a couple hours, then driving back out there to grab it just before they closed. The crazy part is that it had just been bought in that morning and hadn't even been put it out yet. It was meant to be!

I'm honestly blown away with the sound and feel of this guitar. The 58/15 pickups are crazy good. I can't wait to try it out at a full band rehearsal. Time will tell, but it might just be "The One."

Last edited:
I am in love with my PRS Dave’s limited edition special run of 30 with Tune-O-Matic, 59/09’s hollowed cavity, 24 fret with wide thin neck and Brazilian board and sweet switch. This guitar is sweet! Sounds so awesome and plays like a dream! I will dare to say even better than the original Limited addition 300 that I own..... I know, hard to believe. Top guitar is original 300 limited addition the guitar I’m talking about is on the bottom with zebra pickups and sweet switch.

And..... Of course my old beat up 1990 custom 24 and whake blue 10 top.... Favorite trem guitar

lI6xcrr.jpg

SDCaI0p.jpg

9CBn5gp.jpg

And the 1990 Whale blue.....

SMhJBzN.jpg
But can you play them all at the same time?:rolleyes:

Well.....I had to cancel my preorder for my CE24 Semi-hollow.

On the bright side, I found what might be the best guitar I've ever played. I went to my local GC to try out a new CE24 that I remembered them having, so I could get a feel for the carve and feel. Unfortunately, it had sold since the last time I was in there. I was browsing around when one of the guys pulled out a mint condition 2015 SC245 from behind the counter. I tried it out and was really digging it but I walked out of there thinking "No, I've got my preorder." I ended up going home, dwelling on it for a couple hours, then driving back out there to grab it just before they closed. The crazy part is that it had just been bought in that morning and hadn't even been put it out yet. It was meant to be!

I'm honestly blown away with the sound and feel of this guitar. The 58/15 pickups are crazy good. I can't wait to try it out at a full band rehearsal. Time will tell, but it might just be "The One."

Sweet score! Congrats!

Wow! Your whale blue hasn't faded over all those years? If I compare to my beautiful 1991 yours looks like new - mine is more grey/brown now but I love that faded color!

I keep all my guitars in their cases when not in use, the whale blue saw a lot playing time in bar gigs in under lights in auditoriums but I guess never enough light to fade it. Never had many day time electric gigs. Was my number one guitar since 91.

I keep all my guitars in their cases when not in use, the whale blue saw a lot playing time in bar gigs in under lights in auditoriums but I guess never enough light to fade it. Never had many day time electric gigs. Was my number one guitar since 91.

Well mine was my everyday compagnon since 1991 as well (been in the hardcase the last 5 years as I almost didn't play unfortunately - family issues) and seen many stages, jams and rehearsal rooms :) Eventually you have already seen the picture of it in another topic, but I'll post it here again - love that brownish/greyish fade - it's unique and like a chameleon changes its colorwith the angle of view :)

2eyakg1.jpg

Well mine was my everyday compagnon since 1991 as well (been in the hardcase the last 5 years as I almost didn't play unfortunately - family issues) and seen many stages, jams and rehearsal rooms :) Eventually you have already seen the picture of it in another topic, but I'll post it here again - love that brownish/greyish fade - it's unique and like a chameleon changes its colorwith the angle of view :)

2eyakg1.jpg

Beautiful!!! I love the Grey/Black and those older PRS's have a certain Mojo all to there own. Oh and the lighting in your photo is better, more honest showing all your wear better than my angled photo. Mine has a lot of chips and scratches just don't show very well in my photo. Cheers!!

Back