favorite guitar solo?

Last days of may-Blue Ouyster Cult, from the album, ON YOUR FEET ON YOUR KNEES. Roll over beethoven-Mountain,from the album,FLOWERS OF EVIL.

Here is another one of my favorites. Song, solo(s), duets, whatever... Stevie and Lonnie Mack. This is an answer to that age old question "What is with you, man?"

Goldtop

Last edited by a moderator:
So many...Zappa's "Watermelon In Easter Hay"...Randy Rhoads on "Goodbye To Romance" and "Mr. Crowley" and "I Don't Know"...Brian May on "Bohemian Rhapsody"...

But one that stuck in my craw that I just had to sit down and figure out was the solo to Wings' "My Love". Just something I had to sort out.

Oh I am gonner add one you FCKERS prob never heard... I first heard this when was 16 in 1974 when revising round my Mates for our 'O' Levels and we had Capital FM on the radio with 'Little Nicky Horne' He played mostly MOR US and UK... I had to get my mates stapler and 15" ruler and do air guitar and air wah wah on the stapler... This is epic.... Best ending ever - oooer - goosebumps as I write...

Oh and as some Lizzy fans here - and best chordal riff ever has to be The Rocker!

I was at this gig....he just kept playing and playing...D string breaks 3/4 way in and the strat is out of tune but he still bangs out a solo!

Yep - anything Rory does when his blood's up is good - Bad Penny is my fave... and interesting to hear the BOSS ME-5 in action live - you get glimpses too... see my site for more info on getting the Rory tones out of one...

All the solo's on Hotel California - Walsh, Felder.... who knows who's playing where with them doing call and response. I wanted to play guitar after I heard this album along with the first Boston.

Wore LP's of Hotel OUT :D
Ya, I'm old... That came out when I was in High School. :laugh:

For anybody who has never heard Neil Zaza check this out. Melodic shreding!

Call me crazy, but cue this up to 5:55 and listen to dynamics, tone, phrasing, and tasty! (Especially the NON-talkbox stuff, though the whole thing is brilliant)

It really seems like more of an extended jam, rather than a solo, but the multiple guitars on "Keep On Growing" (from the Layla album) has always been one of my favorites. There's actually three guitar parts, at least some of the time. I had always assumed that one of them was Duane Allman. But the caption for this youtube copy of the album version says that all of the guitars were recorded by Clapton. Even so, there's still a bit of an Allman Bros feel to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJYdJ53_tS8

Maybe an odd choice, but they all are to somebody I suppose. I like this one because it's understated, simple, and just right to me.

Goldtop Lloyd

I dig this one, especially at the 3:00 minute mark

A-Mazing! Thanks for posting this one.

I may have to hock a kidney to make it happen, but I gotta meet that man some day.

Goldtop Lloyd

I would to say just about anything Duane Allman (especially Whipping Post), The guitar solos on Reeling in the Years (Steely Dan--don't remember the guitarist), Eric Clapton -Cream, Blind Faith and Derek and the Dominos (ditto for Duane Allman here). Also, check out Jimi Hendrix's new album from the grave....some really cool guitar licks. And finally Pat Metheny's Roots of Coincidence:

http://youtu.be/fVuzcUH_DsI

How do you guys copy videos from you tube on here?

Back