Favorite flame top

8J2Qng3.jpg

2004 Custom 24 10 top - Blue Matteo

ciKoGb4.jpg

1989 CE 24 10 top - Vintage Burst

Awesome pair! That CE 10 top is sick the Matteo one is beautiful also, WTG!!!

Just saw this on PSF
psf142-1000-14-jpg.6034

That is a very rare curly maple top. It’s not going to last 3 days at whichever dealer it’s going to. I would bring it home if I was the dealer.

I don’t think I’d be a very successful dealer.

Last edited:
Maybe i'm missing something, but isn't this a quilt top? one piece though. and stunning!

Yes, kind of a quilty flame. A quame, if you will. We’re starting to get delirious in here from looking at all this sweet flamey goodness. :D We may need to start a “Favorite Quilt” thread... :)

I actually travelled from AUS to US JUST to visit the PRS factory and pickup a new guitar
Very adventurous of you! Do the overhead storage compartments typically have enough room to hand carry a PRS hard case into the plane?

If we're also including Quilt tops, here's my 408. Picked it up when in NY June last year. I actually travelled from AUS to US JUST to visit the PRS factory and pickup a new guitar :D
ZML0awn.jpg

0nbm7kT.jpg

9bCRS3H.jpg

Amazing! I don’t know exactly what color that is (Raspberry?), but for some reason I want to take a bite out of it. :D Alright, that’s it, Favorite Quilt Top thread incoming...

Very adventurous of you! Do the overhead storage compartments typically have enough room to hand carry a PRS hard case into the plane?
Normally, no. I travel all the time with my guitars. I was an Aussie expat living in Manila and would frequently travel with 2 + guitars, and have never had an issue in with them checked in flight cases. In this instance I flew Etihad and was able to carry the hard case on board as I was in their suites.

Back