Favorite flame top

23825138_163724204370510_8796332397915275264_n.jpg

Here's my best flame top...HA!!

This one and your Salmon are in the short list of guitars that embodied all that is PS when I first got into it. The colors where just too good to be true. It's been too long since I bought Crockerdile a beer. If you are reading this, soon, bro. Soon.

Oh heck dude, I wasn't being serious. I even said he has beautiful guitars.
I know dude, just having fun with you, this is a safe place to be a bit cheeky and not get offended :D
And if you haven’t already, you need to share your guitar (my vicarious nature needs some photos please):)

Nowhere near quality flame. Just reassurance that extreme foolishness and impulsiveness still exists in this world. Feel good about your impulse gas purchases.
bAz6V5R.jpg

Last edited:
A few of my favorites. I’m sure 3 and 5 skate the line between flamey-curly-quilty goodness, but hey, why not.

eZ9RZBz.jpg

oygSurd.jpg

QYntl3v.jpg

Y05xDZH.jpg

XU7lwtE.jpg
By the way, does anyone know the technical term for the kind of figure/flame on guitars 3 and 5? Curly maple yes, but is there a sub-category name..

Yeti maple? Cosmic curl?

It would FIGURE that this forum is the best place to ask. ;)

Last edited:
By the way, does anyone know the technical term for the kind of figure/flame on guitars 3 and 5? Curly maple yes, but is there a sub-category name..

Yeti maple? Cosmic curl?

It would FIGURE that this forum is the best place to ask. ;)

I’ve been trying to figure that out for years. Maybe the actual owners can chime in and let us know, if there even is a word for it.

Loving all the sweet flame tops here! I’ll throw mine in the loop. It has a nice mix of wide and tight flame with a great book match.

31188659285_f9ffe64e2f_b.jpg

30381864483_7bc5ca579e_b.jpg
And.........how did this take so long to appear! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back