Favorite Discontinued PRS Guitars

Archtop and the JA-15

I'd love to see PRS do an annual "out of the vault" deal where they allow for orders of discontinued products for a year. Something like the SSH, where it's a limited edition, and allows the dealers to take pre-orders or other runs.
Maybe when they get all caught up on all their 2 year backlog of back orders

I think the starla was something beautiful, different. At least they should offer the PUs. It would babe been cool if they had PRSed it up a little bit.

I feel like they always discontinue my Favorite guitars. Please bring back the Swamp Ash Special as a S2.

I'm glad that I got this S2 Singlecut Semi-Hollow when I did.

This time, when they dropped the S2 Custom 22, I was able to grab a new one.
I love the Swamp Ash Special with the 2 humbuckers and single coil in the middle. My brother has that guitar and it's just wonderful. It provides a better strat sound than the tap coil on the humbuckers.

I’ll second the Brent Mason, and the 513...But the one I miss most is the Paul’s Guitar, with the tremolo! I had one and foolishly let it go. In my defense it weighed in at almost nine pounds, which is over my self-imposed weight limit. I also used the funds from that sale to acquire my beloved Ltd Ed Custom 22 Special semi hollow, in Autumn Sky!

My hands down favorite discontinued model is still the Chris Robertson SE…preferably the Korean MK1 (U.S. 57/08 in the bridge) I had the second run, with the 57/08”S” in the bridge. It is THE “one” that got away for me. Still kicking myself for selling it. Especially since the used market is basically non-existent and/or extremely over priced these days Imho. I’ve even been in contact with the guy I sold it to and he loves it, and won’t consider selling it. But hey, at least he threw me a bone and promised me if he ever decides to sell it he’ll give me the first shot. So there is that.

This one truly baffles me. When they were current…you could almost never catch one in stock anywhere? Then shortly after PRS moved the production to Indonesia it went away. Not sure if that had anything to do with its discontinuation or not. Just wish they would bring back the OG CR.

Last edited:
Back