Favorite Discontinued PRS Guitars

VHTStark

Three of my favourite PRS'S are discontinued models: a 2011 JA-15, 2011 305 and a 2013 NF3.

The JA-15 I think would be on more peoples lists if they had a chance to play one: and incredibly versatile and inspiring instrument and as mentioned, nothing currently like it in the PRS Core lineup. Also, those 53/10 pickups are everything they have been advertised to be...

305 is the only "strat" I have ever liked...mainly because I hate the way they feel. The 305 is strat-ish in a warmer and bigger way (close enough for me) but plays and feels like a PRS!

NF3. Man, what a great guitar. The highlight being those narrowfield pickups. I just LOVE their attack, clarity and balance!

One discontinued guitar that has been out a LONG time that I would love to see happen is an OG style CE 24 with an alder body and maple board. I have only been lucky enough to play a couple (a buddy owns one...won't sell) and both just ripped! Alder and maple are pretty plentiful, so I don't think it would be hard to do and would be a cool addition to the CE/bolt on line.

sergiodeblanc

Don’t you ever cry again for the rest of your life
Three of my favourite PRS'S are discontinued models: a 2011 JA-15, 2011 305 and a 2013 NF3.

The JA-15 I think would be on more peoples lists if they had a chance to play one: and incredibly versatile and inspiring instrument and as mentioned, nothing currently like it in the PRS Core lineup. Also, those 53/10 pickups are everything they have been advertised to be...

305 is the only "strat" I have ever liked...mainly because I hate the way they feel. The 305 is strat-ish in a warmer and bigger way (close enough for me) but plays and feels like a PRS!

NF3. Man, what a great guitar. The highlight being those narrowfield pickups. I just LOVE their attack, clarity and balance!

One discontinued guitar that has been out a LONG time that I would love to see happen is an OG style CE 24 with an alder body and maple board. I have only been lucky enough to play a couple (a buddy owns one...won't sell) and both just ripped! Alder and maple are pretty plentiful, so I don't think it would be hard to do and would be a cool addition to the CE/bolt on line.

I have a line on a Pearl White alder CE with a maple fretboard if you’re looking.

RickP

Established 1960, Still Not Dead
The NF3s are really nice. I think I’d swap my Silver Sky straight up for one in equal shape. I should’ve kept the white one I had, but you know that story!

Mike Duncan

DGT Player
Standard 22 and 24

29685873418_c4b4d8cb5d_b.jpg

Going Modal

I should be practicing right now.
I was looking at the PRS site this evening and just realized that the core Custom 22 was discontinued. I was a bit shocked by that one.
OMG! Yeah, they kinda snuck that one quietly out the back exit..! Holy heck, I love my CU22 and it ain't going anywhere--it's terrifically versatile. And not once have I ever thought, "Man, if only I could go higher on the fretboard..."

Palmguy

I'm fortunate to have one of these, it's an amazingly inspiring guitar. There's something about lowered tunings that I really like, especially for clean and ambient parts.

I foolishly sold mine a couple of months ago and instantly regretted it. Amazingly stumbled into a still-new charcoal model last month and immediately grabbed it.