Favorite boosts/ODs with Archon?

Yes a friend had the Golden Pearl but replaced it with the Wessex.. I also like the Xotic BB.
That Dirty Tree looks great.

I'm trying to use my Suhr Koko Boost and Friedman Buxom Boost. The Buxom is said to be able to give you more of what your amp already has.

I use a boost because for a lot of songs we play low gain and medium gain. Then I need a boost to get higher gain for solos, etc.

Been using my Bogner Shiva mostly lately but I go back and forth!

I use a boost because for a lot of songs we play low gain and medium gain. Then I need a boost to get higher gain for solos, etc.

Been using my Bogner Shiva mostly lately but I go back and forth!
If you like the BB and are just needing a little juice for solos you may also like the Paul Cochrane Timmy pedal. It is very good at that along with the Whirlwind Bomb. The Whirlwind gives a decimal boost and slight push for solos. It works beautifully. If you need a little more juice and some gain, saturation then the Klirrton Lichtbringer works wonderfully in addition to tightening things up a bit. Which Shiva do you have?

Thanka for the suggestions. Not sure which I'd go with. It would be for the PRS Archon when I'm playing low gain songs where I set the gain low. Then I use a boost for leads. Haven't found the right one yet although Koko does a good job plus I can choose low or high mid boost.
I want to try the Golden Pearl, Dirty Tree and BB with the amp. Plus others you suggest. I want something to give me the feeling of the Archon cranked up with more saturation, when the amp gain is set low.

My Shiva 20rh with KT88s a better fit amp it seems because I have three levels of gain at my feet. But I miss the PRS Archon and it's effects loop switch.
I rotate the amps.

I have Orange Two Stroke, Suhr Koko, Bogner Wessex and Friedman Buxom Boost.

Thanka for the suggestions. Not sure which I'd go with. It would be for the PRS Archon when I'm playing low gain songs where I set the gain low. Then I use a boost for leads. Haven't found the right one yet although Koko does a good job plus I can choose low or high mid boost.
I want to try the Golden Pearl, Dirty Tree and BB with the amp. Plus others you suggest. I want something to give me the feeling of the Archon cranked up with more saturation, when the amp gain is set low.

My Shiva 20rh with KT88s a better fit amp it seems because I have three levels of gain at my feet. But I miss the PRS Archon and it's effects loop switch.
I rotate the amps.

I have Orange Two Stroke, Suhr Koko, Bogner Wessex and Friedman Buxom Boost.
I have the 20th KT88 as well. Wonderful amp. The Suhr Koko boost is great. If you want, I will have some free time tonight and tomorrow and can plug into my Archon and help you find pedals that would work better in alignment with what you are desiring. Just share with me your Archon settings, cab/speaker type and guitar you use and I will grab something I have as a match and go through some things to help narrow your search down. I am doing something similar with a couple other amps anyway so it isn't much trouble if that would help you.

Bogner, I love my 20th with KT88s. I didn't like it till I bumped the bias up to 49mA!
I was about to convert it to EL34s to use 6CA7 tubes. But now I love it. I love that after I did the reverb/mode mod, I can access the channel select, mode and boost all from the footswirch, like three layers or levels of gain. Really don't need a boost but I do if I want really tight and metal. Works great with pedals in the loop for solos, delay, chorus, reverb, etc.

That's would be awesome if you have time to do that with the Archon.
The Archon which I love, is aggressive and gaunt plus it doesn't have a crunch mode or channel. Hence, I run the gain low for classic rock and some 80s, 90s and 2000s rock, which is when I need a good pedal to juice it up and saturate for singing leads.

For my Archon 100 I keep EQ mostly around noon or so. Mids a little less. I like depth up above noon and often high as it seems to help saturation or thicken leads. Presence below noon.
Gain I will go 9:00 - 3:00 depending on song. I have it around 9 - 11:00 when I want to use a boost. Even with gain at noon, I often kick a little boost into the chain.

Guitars are Les Paul Standard, PRS CE22, PRS McCarty, and PRS SC250. Those are my main guitars I'm rotating. Been swapping around pickups - Rio Grande BBQ, Suhr Aldrich, Wolfetone Timbre Wolf, PRS Dragon IIs and SC250s.

Cabs are 212 OS cabs and 412 cabs. Speakers a mix of Redbacks, CL80s, K100s, V30s, and Creamback M65s.

I have the 20th KT88 as well. Wonderful amp. The Suhr Koko boost is great. If you want, I will have some free time tonight and tomorrow and can plug into my Archon and help you find pedals that would work better in alignment with what you are desiring. Just share with me your Archon settings, cab/speaker type and guitar you use and I will grab something I have as a match and go through some things to help narrow your search down. I am doing something similar with a couple other amps anyway so it isn't much trouble if that would help you.
Thanks for your help! It's been big.
I want to look into some Wampler pedals too, like the Tumnus Deluxe and Pantheon OD.

For my Archon 100 I keep EQ mostly around noon or so. Mids a little less. I like depth up above noon and often high as it seems to help saturation or thicken leads. Presence below noon.
Gain I will go 9:00 - 3:00 depending on song. I have it around 9 - 11:00 when I want to use a boost. Even with gain at noon, I often kick a little boost into the chain.

Guitars are Les Paul Standard, PRS CE22, PRS McCarty, and PRS SC250. Those are my main guitars I'm rotating. Been swapping around pickups - Rio Grande BBQ, Suhr Aldrich, Wolfetone Timbre Wolf, PRS Dragon IIs and SC250s.

Cabs are 212 OS cabs and 412 cabs. Speakers a mix of Redbacks, CL80s, K100s, V30s, and Creamback M65s.
Ok, now that I have your settings and gear I will work on it and see what I can come up with.

Back