Favorite albums featuring acoustic guitar(s)

Well, may not be "smokin'" acoustic stuff, but a LOT of Cat Stevens work had some very tasteful acoustics on it. As mentioned previously by @Single_tone, Bron Yr Aur is one of my favorites ever. I have heard it is actually named after the cottage they were staying in when working on Physical Graffiti! Of course, also mentioned by OP and @sergiodeblanc, the guitar trio (everything they ever did). I love the way they have one guitar in each channel and the third mixed to both channels. Talk about falling in love with a good pair of headphones, their work can make that happen!!! Dylan's newest album "Rough 'n Rowdy Ways" is great overall in my opinion (I literally feel it is his best since "Blood On The Tracks" 37 years ago) and has a couple of descent acoustic numbers on it. Garcia & Grisman did some fun stuff acoustically. One of my favs ever is Pink Floyd's "Fearless". Of course, pretty much all of what I have listed here is not pure acoustic guitar amazement, but this is what I got. Looking forward to checking out others recommendations!!!

Sorry but I can't do just 3.

I owe the world to these four guys, they were massive influences to how I approach acoustic guitar:

Phil Keaggy - The Master and the Musician

Willy Porter - Dog Eared Dream

Billy McLaughlin - Fingerdance

Michael Hedges - Aerial Boundaries

"Rite of Strings" wasn't solely focusing on guitar but it's easily one of my favorite acoustic recordings of all time.
Al Di Meola, Jean Luc Ponty, Stanley Clarke

KGXysRu.jpg
FnMt3PH.jpg

Back