Fate wanted me to have a PRS

Victorius

Hey there,

I am a brand new member of the community and about to get my first ever PRS guitar this Friday. Can't wait. The fact that I am posting this here and not on another forum is what I call inevitable even if I learnt it just yesterday.

I started to play the guitar last December, ever in my life, and my first guitar was a no name Chinese stratocaster replica. A few weeks later I decided to have a decent guitar, by then I had already fell in love with playing the guitar.

After a couple of week search I decided to buy an LTD EC-256 for myself and ordered one from Thomann Europe accordingly. A few days later the much desired guitar arrived and to my greatest surprise, the body of the guitar was improperly finished, there was flaw in the surface coloring. I sent it back and claimed a replacement which arrived in two weeks. I was very much excited by then and wanted to play asap, I unboxed the guitar and guess what, it was also damaged (two dents on the neck and improper painting again). I again sent it back, but this time I claimed full reimbursement.

In the meantime I thought I was not going to experiment with Thomann anymore, and despite the higher prices in my country, I decided to purchase the same model from a local store. However, someone drew my attention to PRS (I regret to say but have never heard of it before) and asked if I wanted to buy a Tremonti SE instead. I was marvelled by the look of it, the specs and what I learnt about the company, even if the price is 30% higher. I was hesitating for a few days which guitar to buy, eventually, I decided to stick to the one I had wanted first, and ordered the LTD from a local store.

At long last I thought it was just a few more hours to wait yesterday until I can start to rock. Guitar arrived, opened the lid of the box and I immediately recognized that the guitar lying in the box was not the one I had ordered. The shop mistook two part numbers, EC-256BLK with EC-256BLKS (the one I ordered).

It was the very moment I realized that fate did not want me to own an LTD, it was from the very beginning guiding me towards the PRS Tremonti SE Black. No way someone orders the very same model 3 times and the story does not have a happy ending.

Here I am now, with a whole lot of hope to own an intact PRS guitar in two days and embark on a beautiful journey together...

I got the guitar yesterday. That sound retention is simply awesome.
9618_f1a91cd8825e.jpg

Sometimes, the universe does you a favor, and smacks you in the head and says "NO! Do not buy that! Buy this instead so you can have something nice and be happy." The universe did you a favor! Enjoy that guitar.

Hey there,

I am a brand new member of the community and about to get my first ever PRS guitar this Friday. Can't wait. The fact that I am posting this here and not on another forum is what I call inevitable even if I learnt it just yesterday.

I started to play the guitar last December, ever in my life, and my first guitar was a no name Chinese stratocaster replica. A few weeks later I decided to have a decent guitar, by then I had already fell in love with playing the guitar.

After a couple of week search I decided to buy an LTD EC-256 for myself and ordered one from Thomann Europe accordingly. A few days later the much desired guitar arrived and to my greatest surprise, the body of the guitar was improperly finished, there was flaw in the surface coloring. I sent it back and claimed a replacement which arrived in two weeks. I was very much excited by then and wanted to play asap, I unboxed the guitar and guess what, it was also damaged (two dents on the neck and improper painting again). I again sent it back, but this time I claimed full reimbursement.

In the meantime I thought I was not going to experiment with Thomann anymore, and despite the higher prices in my country, I decided to purchase the same model from a local store. However, someone drew my attention to PRS (I regret to say but have never heard of it before) and asked if I wanted to buy a Tremonti SE instead. I was marvelled by the look of it, the specs and what I learnt about the company, even if the price is 30% higher. I was hesitating for a few days which guitar to buy, eventually, I decided to stick to the one I had wanted first, and ordered the LTD from a local store.

At long last I thought it was just a few more hours to wait yesterday until I can start to rock. Guitar arrived, opened the lid of the box and I immediately recognized that the guitar lying in the box was not the one I had ordered. The shop mistook two part numbers, EC-256BLK with EC-256BLKS (the one I ordered).

It was the very moment I realized that fate did not want me to own an LTD, it was from the very beginning guiding me towards the PRS Tremonti SE Black. No way someone orders the very same model 3 times and the story does not have a happy ending.

Here I am now, with a whole lot of hope to own an intact PRS guitar in two days and embark on a beautiful journey together...
Fate wants me to get rid of my PRS...

Please, no hate mail. I just don't care for what the SE Standard 24-08 that I bought for $739. is for me. I don't want to beat it up, just don't think it's worth that much money even thought I can look past the neck I don't like and that in my opinion the pickups are sterile and lifeless sounding.
I get that all of you here love these guitars, and I think that's great. I just can't see putting another $400. to $500. bucks into it for some good sounding pickups, so, it's for sale.

Peace

Congrats and welcome! There are some great folks here. Best forum I've ever been a part of.

Sometimes I do agree with fate. I got my first PRS last December, a Vela semi hollow body. I think it was meant to be because in the name Vela, both of my late parents names are (in part), part of Vela. ELA is part of moms name and AL is part of dad's name.
So the guitar already has huge sentimental value for me. When I play it, it's like mom, dad and I are having a group hug!

Back