Fat/Wide necks?

Rivers

I am looking to purchase a used hollowbody i/ii and was wondering how the fat/wide? necks compare to that of the strat and the les paul? I really prefer the necks of the strat and was wondering what it would be like for the hollowbody. Unfortunately, I do not have access to any locally and would greatly appreciate opinions.

Does the hollowbody come with wide/thin neck options?

Thanks.

Neck carve should be an Artist Package option. Or just bring back the wide fat!

Pattern Regular is the "Strattiest" of the carves and Pattern (formerly wide/fat) the most LPEsque, IMO.

Agreed with all above: the Wide-Fat neck will feel far more like a Les Paul than a Strat. The Pattern Regular carve feels like a Strat. Both are nice - I have all three main variations: Wide-Fat (now Pattern), Wide-Thin (now Pattern Thin), and Pattern Regular. Each have their plusses and minuses. My HB has a WF neck, and feel really good playing all night. It's just something to adapt to, and after a while you don't even notice and forget about.

As far as I know, all HBs come with Wide-Fat / Pattern necks, and there is no option to have a different neck carve, even via Artist Package, without going Private Stock. However, you might find a dealer run with a different neck, because sometimes dealers manage to swing things into a special AP-like run with some PS features/options.

If you go to a guitar shop that has a PRS solidbody with a wide/fat neck you'll at least get the feel of it, the tone on an HB will be much different, but again, at least you'll know how it feels in your hand. That might make your decision right there.
If you like a thinner profile, like on a strat, you might be thrown off by the wide/fat, I adapted quickly and preferred it over thin necks until now. I picked up a used PRS with a pattern neck and am starting to like it a little better, still it doesn't have the tone capabilities of my HB.

I played mostly Strats until I got my SEs. Didn't take but a few minutes to get use to the wide/fat profile. Very comfy profile. ENJOY!!!

I'm not sure you can paint with such a wide paintbrush when comparing Les and Strat necks to PRS as each brand has several different neck carves. If you prefer the old baseball bat Strat necks, then go PRS wide/fat. If you prefer the super Strat necks built for speed, then go PRS wide/thin or pattern/thin.

There's the players that can adapt to different necks and I think there's the people that maybe have smaller hands that have trouble with the bigger necks as far as fretting.
Totally agree Regular carve equals strat neck tho, and Pattern equals maybe a Les Paul's 50s style modern carve.

I've got the Wide/Fat on my SE245 and it's much chunkier than my old Strat necks were. BUT, I do like the feel of it better than my Les Paul necks that I've had in the past. The Wide/Fat really is a comfortable feeling neck. If you have the chance, I'd try one out. While I have the Wide/Thin on my CU24, I'll be ordering the Wide/Fat when I get a Core 245. It just feels right on that style of guitar....to me anyways :)

Back