Fast Fret OK?

I tried FF many years ago...it seemed to make my strings sound dead way sooner than usual.

My brother used it when he had my SG Special before 1967. It was junk then, silicone stuff.

The thing about mineral oil is that it softens the wood, and someone mentioned that it's essentially mineral oil.

I once used mineral oil on a fretboard when I was young (thankfully not a PRS) and it made the wood so soft I could carve lines in it with my fingernail.

No one needs that.

I’ve used FF since I’ve started playing hasn’t helped I still play slow AS!! YRMV

But seriously tho…I recently switched over to the Music Nomad one that looks kinda like a deodorant applicator shaped container and it’s refillable. Smells like the same stuff, works like the same stuff…yeah I think it’s the same stuff. I do like it a bit better because I’m clumsy. I’ve almost dropped the metal container the FF comes in on my guitar (more than once). Other than that nothing but good things to say about both products myself.

“Slow Fret what’s got inside of you?”

Never used that Fast Fret as I was concerned that I'd get used to it then couldn't play with out having some. Prob from addictive experiences, you know what I'm talking about, Joe Walsh :p

Back in the 90's I was with a GF at one of those silver stores in the mall and they polished up her silver broach with one of those cloths, and a light went on and I bought one.

I still carry that cloth and it makes strings like new! It must be almost 30 years I've had it in my guitar tool bag.

Never used that Fast Fret as I was concerned that I'd get used to it then couldn't play with out having some. Prob from addictive experiences, you know what I'm talking about, Joe Walsh :p

Back in the 90's I was with a GF at one of those silver stores in the mall and they polished up her silver broach with one of those cloths, and a light went on and I bought one.

I still carry that cloth and it makes strings like new! It must be almost 30 years I've had it in my guitar tool bag.

I have a silver polishing cloth in my trumpet case that is about the same age haha!

It brings the silver plating up beautifully.

Back