Famous PRS artists.

Daniel Dante

Okay so I Recently told a slightly stuck up 'Gibson' guitar playing acquaintance that I want to purchase a PRS guitar & he derogatorily enquired as to which famous players use PRS guitars, (totaly shallow bast**d I know!) ;) So I mentioned Santana & Mike Oldfield but who else can I name drop on this dude? :) Childish I know but this guy needs to know that there is a world outside of Gibson guitars!

Gary Moore and Steve Vai have both rocked PRS guitars...

prs_red_1.jpg

vai_PRS_03.jpg

Guys who need to have rock star validation are a-holes. He doesn't deserve an answer.

You need to come the the 30th Anniversary celebration and make some new acquaintances., maybe meet some adults.

If you can't afford to come, charge him a buck for each PRS Artist you name for him.

Guys who need to have rock star validation are a-holes. He doesn't deserve an answer.

I almost feel bad for folks that think that way, they'll never fully enjoy music and what it takes to make it, for instance...

A buddy of mine who is a wood worker came to me and asked if I'd be interested in helping him build a guitar... Being as it's something I've always wanted to do, I immediately jumped at the opportunity. With my technical knowledge of guitars and his craftsmanship, I think we will actually be able to pull it off. Currently were debating on materials, he wants to use traditional materials, I'm leaning more toward more exotic, less used materials, just to see how they play out, but we'll probably compromise and do a bit of both. In the end, it might be an absolute killer guitar, or it might be garbage, but it'll be fun to play something I put my own blood sweat and tears in to...

Why bring this up? I guarantee no famous musician will have ever played our homemade turd, but there's a possibility it'll be one of the greatest feeling, playing and sounding guitars I've ever had in my hands (obviously in my opinion), and it's unfortunate that there are those who think that a big name has to endorse a product to be worth anything, they're just robbing themselves from a lot that can be had from the "ultimate goal" we all share(regardless of your preferred brand), making music.

If you name a list of rock stars as long as your arm to a moron like this, he'll still think of some way to belittle and frustrate you.

Never cater to a-holes. You have nothing to prove to anyone.

The only person that it really matters who loves the brand is yourself . Best endorsement there....

Neal Schon, Dave Navaro. Joe Walsh. Derrick Trucks.
The guy that plays for Sammy Hagar. The guy that plays for Azealia Banks. Kenny Chesney's guitar player Kenny Greenburg.
Where do you stop?

Les is totally on target here. And if this guy doesn't know, then he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does.

Hendrix and SRV are still selling guitars for Fender.

There will always be "players" who think someone famous had to play it first before they are interested.

Morons.

It's about the tone in your head, not someone else's tone. Your Gibby snob friend should just keep on playing what he thinks he wants. He obviously has no tone of his own.

Why bother listing artists for him at all? Do you honestly think you will change his mind by name dropping???

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of time and it annoys the pig."

Last edited:
Back