Family Photos- The Lucky 7

RickP

Established 1960, Still Not Dead
With the addition of the antique white McCarty HB Spruce today, the PRS family has expanded to a lucky 7 members. I thought I would be the proud Papa, and post a family pic or two:

onKFLgM.jpg

Looking down the wall:
1999 McCarty Hollowbody Spruce, Antique White
2016 McCarty MC594 Artist, Copperhead
2017 McCarty SC594 Soapbar Limited, Black
2018 McCarty SC594, Black
2007 513 Brazilian, Artist Proto, Scarletburst
2007 513 Brazilian, Cherry Sunburst
2018 Silver Sky, Horizon

With the addition of the antique white McCarty HB Spruce today, the PRS family has expanded to a lucky 7 members. I thought I would be the proud Papa, and post a family pic or two:

onKFLgM.jpg

Looking down the wall:
1999 McCarty Hollowbody Spruce, Antique White
2016 McCarty MC594 Artist, Copperhead
2017 McCarty SC594 Soapbar Limited, Black
2018 McCarty SC594, Black
2007 513 Brazilian, Artist Proto, Scarletburst
2007 513 Brazilian, Cherry Sunburst
2018 Silver Sky, Horizon
As fine a wall as any!

That’s a proper music room! The copperhead 594 looks amazing (they all do, really). This makes me want to up my amp game a bit, so thanks for that...

I also like the little hollowbody pick bowl!

Dang, that’s a lot of watts.
There’s a few nice ones in there. The Mesas are a Nomad 55 4x10 and a Road King II 2x12 w/ Altec 417-8Hs in it, a Fender/Alessandro Deluxe Reverb, a 1964 Super Reverb I’ve had for many moons, a Marshall Haze 40, Fender Rumble 500 bass amp and cab, and a few others. Not in that pic I also have my Axe Fx III gig rig, a Carol Ann Tucana 3, a Mesa M6 Carbine bass combo, and the Mesa Boogie California Tweed I recently added.

I keep them all powered and ready to go so anyone can pick one, plug in and play. It’s a great room, and my band also rehearses here so keys and a V-Drum set were added, to make for zero setup time. Everyone comes in, goes to their chair, and we’re playing. It’s a nicer setup than I have ever had, and the wife loves that nothing but one guitar is anywhere else in the house. I am blessed.

Last edited:
Looks like a great place to hang out for sure! So how are you liking the HB Spruce?

Looks like a great place to hang out for sure! So how are you liking the HB Spruce?
Even better than expected! I got to spend some more time with it though the evening, working with the California Tweed amp. I came to a really nice setting at 20 watts that made for good control with the volume knob, roll back to 6-7, and you get a nice full clean, anywhere north of that was varying degrees of grit. Really, really nice sounds. One thing that did surprise me is how loud I can turn up without uncontrollable feedback. Not that it won't do it, but it can been quite loud (louder than I normally gig) without issues. I did not expect that at all. And the weight, or lack of it, is heavenly. Under 5 pounds on my scale. My back is in love with it. :) Very impressed.

Back