Fake PRS 513?

Josh93

Hi all, sorry for the question but I have the opportunity to buy a 513, and just want to check if it's legitimate. The guitar has a fixed bridge and single toggle switch. Did any of these come out like this? I haven't seen any myself. The rest of the guitar looks legitimate, head includes the 513 and design as well as the serial number on the back. Looks like it's a 25th anniversary edition as well.

Need pics but I've never heard of a 513 with a "single toggle switch". The pickups are unique to PRS and should be a dead give-away as well. The 25th Anni 513 looks like this:

lg_513T5CC08SPAL.jpg

Are you sure it's not a 305?

Ny8pnta.jpg

T
Need pics but I've never heard of a 513 with a "single toggle switch". The pickups are unique to PRS and should be a dead give-away as well. The 25th Anni 513 looks like this:

lg_513T5CC08SPAL.jpg

Are you sure it's not a 305?

Ny8pnta.jpg
Thanks for the reply, I'm typing off my phone and can't seem to upload any pics unfortunately, but it also only has double pickups. The body looks very much like a 513 but the set up looks more like a custom 22. I.e. 2 knobs and a single toggle above them towards the rear. The inlays are the same as above though Not sure if it's DIY job but don't think it's legitimate.

Thanks for the reply, I'm typing off my phone and can't seem to upload any pics unfortunately, but it also only has double pickups. The body looks very much like a 513 but the set up looks more like a custom 22. I.e. 2 knobs and a single toggle above them towards the rear. The inlays are the same as above though Not sure if it's DIY job but don't think it's legitimate.
You need to use a 3rd photo hosting service for pics. The guitar you are describing does not sound like a 513. Is there a link to the ad?

You need to use a 3rd photo hosting service for pics. The guitar you are describing does not sound like a 513. Is there a link to the ad?
This is the add. Looks like it's sold in any case now but just had me stumped. Any idea's on what it is?

Good to know, thanks for the replies all. Happy to have checked first.

They don’t need our help- they buy one or two and clone - easy as that
PRS isn't so easy to clone if I used the knock offs out there as a barometer. I've yet to see a half decent clone besides a few one offs or custom builders. The Chinese PRS knock offs suck in looks, feel, sound, and playability. I don't get the point either. Pick up a used se and you're miles ahead out the gate.

Look I get it- no need to tip off cloners- but don’t get so worked up. If you want to stop them, don’t buy them- there’s too many posted on guitar forums and you tube reviewing this kind of garbage - Les Pauls probably the most- ban posts on these sites referring to them and or linking to their sites. I haven’t seen that here - but definitely have on strat talk and my Les Paul- . Meanwhile Harly Benton gets to build virtual clones - how is that right?!?

Back