Fair price for an 85/15 set?

guitargeek62

I’m toying with putting a set of squabbins into my newly-acquired Cu24 after trying a few sets out on new models recently. I loved the tones out of them, and was surprised to see the output is lower than they sounded!

There’s not much to go on via sold ebay and reverb listings, and it’s been a while since I bought any HBs anyway so I’m not sure what’s the right price-point for them!

P.s. I’m UK-based so there’s even less choice here!

Cant be specific or direct about prices on here, forum rules

But I can tell you theres a usa 85/15 set on reverb uk now, and its same price as I paid last year, u can go see

Not my listing, & I love mine, have them in an S2

Aye, I’m watching those ones but wasn’t sure if it was a good deal or not - seemed a smidge high but the seller didn’t want to move on price.

I hadn’t spotted that in the rules though, are ranges allowed?!

Prs owned site, so nothing about pricing. Even dealer listings have to use links to their external site

Fair enough

Its rare to get either 85/15 or 58/15 sets on open market, I guess most people keep stock, and those that mod keep the originals for potential of changing guitar later

57/08 or 59/09 are more readily available but usa prs pickups are morw pricey than second hand 'boutique' ones, in general anyway.

Bareknuckles may be a shout for you in uk

Back