Fading Charcoal or Grays???

FunkyFreeman

Moo Panuwat
Good thread. I recently wondered if my 11 year old Modern Eagle Quatro in Charcoal Burst, seemed to fade - like the grey area looks lighter, probably.

To clearly answer the question of OP and I, I managed to remove a pickup ring to see if there’s noticeable discoloration compared to uncovered area, and finally I couldn’t see anything wrong.

Hope this helps. :cool:

vigXncd.jpg

JYVKQR8.jpg

kw2Uh4T.jpg

iLookLikeElvis

Ooh, me too, me too!

This is about 9m old, kept on a wall hanger - it doesn't get direct sunlight but the room does get light in the morning. I don't think it has changed since I got it. The photo is a little yellow though (the wall is whiter than it looks in the photo, for example).

z1gg7FQ.jpg

Dirty_Boogie

Still got the ol' tagger on it
Ooh, me too, me too!

This is about 9m old, kept on a wall hanger - it doesn't get direct sunlight but the room does get light in the morning. I don't think it has changed since I got it. The photo is a little yellow though (the wall is whiter than it looks in the photo, for example).

z1gg7FQ.jpg
Interesting... the natural "browns" in the wood show on my charcoal burst when I photograph it (like yours do towards the bottom) but in reality there is none of that brown/yellow hue - just shades of gray and black.

iLookLikeElvis

Interesting... the natural "browns" in the wood show on my charcoal burst when I photograph it (like yours do towards the bottom) but in reality there is none of that brown/yellow hue - just shades of gray and black.

Right - I actually can see that yellowish/brownish tint near the bottom in person if I look hard enough! It is subtle and depends on the lighting. But yeah, the guitar looks a little darker in person than it does in that photo.