Faded blue color

Hello. I'm recently interested in a 35th anniv. Custom 24 finished in faded blue jean.
Years ago I read that PRS has some problem with their blue finish fading quickly. I want to know if they have fixed this problem in recent years?
Does anyone know or have example of how the "faded blue jean" would look like after it has faded further?
Hi, sorry for the late reply,
My 513 AP arrived at the end of 2013, and it was darker than the ME2 in PRS magazine
this picture I saw on the internet (at the factory) before the dealer knew that it was finished:
548AFxZ.jpg

Here when it was still at the dealer before shipping it to me in Lebanon
FFtmSj8.jpg

since I love hanging my guitars on the wall I kept away from direct light for 5 years, but I think I started
noticing the effect of fading mostly in 3rd or 4th year:
rsCMCTd.jpg

gUqSSvU.jpg

It's been back in the case since 2018, I take it out only when I want to enjoy playing it with it's IRW neck and ebony board.
Hope this was helpful.

Hi, sorry for the late reply,
My 513 AP arrived at the end of 2013, and it was darker than the ME2 in PRS magazine
this picture I saw on the internet (at the factory) before the dealer knew that it was finished:
548AFxZ.jpg

Here when it was still at the dealer before shipping it to me in Lebanon
FFtmSj8.jpg

since I love hanging my guitars on the wall I kept away from direct light for 5 years, but I think I started
noticing the effect of fading mostly in 3rd or 4th year:
rsCMCTd.jpg

gUqSSvU.jpg

It's been back in the case since 2018, I take it out only when I want to enjoy playing it with it's IRW neck and ebony board.
Hope this was helpful.

Thanks for answering the Bat Signal brother :D

Thanks for the info and BEAUTIFUL pics! That’s very helpful info guys. I guess there’s a market for guitar sunscreen :D

I hear that PTC will do restoration job on faded finishes? Damn I wish I live near the US

Back