Factory Refinish

Driver 8

I’m considering having an all mahogany standard body refinished at the factory. Anyone here ever had a factory refin? If so, about how much was the cost. Thanks

I looked into it and may do so again for a different guitar. It was a lot and they quoted quite a long time. Of course it would be perfectly done. I sent mine somewhere else for the work due to a lower price and faster promised time. About a year later I was lucky to get it back. I had to threaten legal action. Not all refinishers are 100% legit in their ability to finish work that is prepaid. This is why I’d strongly consider the PTC again for my next job and be more patient with their quoted time frames.

Good to know, thanks. Knowing it would be perfectly done and with authenticity is why I thought of PTC in the first place. But if it costs as much as the whole guitar did and will take a year or more to complete I might have to pass.

I’m considering having an all mahogany standard body refinished at the factory. Anyone here ever had a factory refin? If so, about how much was the cost. Thanks

I've had 3 or 4 guitars refinished through the years. They're always flawless. The prices depend on numerous factors. Only valid estimate is the one you get from the PTC.

Good to know, thanks. Knowing it would be perfectly done and with authenticity is why I thought of PTC in the first place. But if it costs as much as the whole guitar did and will take a year or more to complete I might have to pass.
I’ve had two refinished by the PTC. Pricey, but worth it. I was quoted 16 weeks both times. First was every bit of 16 weeks. The second was less than 8.

However, they are not currently doing any refinishes at the moment. Only warranty work. A huge backlog of orders, not helped by Covid, means all hands on deck for production.

Another good one is Pat Wilkins of Wilkins guitars. Had a color change done through him a little over a year ago....was fast and reasonably priced.

While it wasn't "flawless", I was pleased with the results and would still absolutely recommend him.

Has anyone recently sent a guitar into PTC for refinish? If you have before and after shots that would be greatly appreciated

Back