Fact resistant people

As an "old fart" I've played point to point wired amps, from 1967 to 2002. I was happy to move on, when I found amps that sounded better to me. Now, people who weren't potty trained in 2002, are more than happy to tell me what is wrong with my choices. I guess the cyber-bullies have now graduated from high school.

Last edited:
As an "old fart" I've played point to point wired amps, from 1967 to 2002. I was happy to move on, when I found amps that sounded better to me. Now, people who weren't potty trained in 2002, are more than happy to tell me what is wrong with my choices. I guess the cyber-bullies have now graduated from high school.

Awesome. If you're a Dad, I bet you used to hate changing diapers...hopefully, the "little ones" will realize you don't need a lot of excess "muscle" to make your point known.

People don’t necessarily need to be intelligent to be accepting of facts and to have manners.

Some of the most ignorant, rude people I have ever had the misfortune to deal with are intelligent and should have known better!

I never thought to ask if they liked disco!

Nope, not getting political - I've just found this interesting. I posted a pic of my VHT D-50 in a Dumblesque amp group on Facebook, of which I'm a member. I now have several posts in which another member is insisting that I'm incorrect, my amp is not all tube and is actually solid state - even after I posted chassis pics of the tubes and the hand wiring. Of my own amp.

I find myself wondering how some people get so bogged down in their own biases that actual pictures disproving their points don't get through...

A sad commentary on our times.

Back