Fact resistant people

Nope, not getting political - I've just found this interesting. I posted a pic of my VHT D-50 in a Dumblesque amp group on Facebook, of which I'm a member. I now have several posts in which another member is insisting that I'm incorrect, my amp is not all tube and is actually solid state - even after I posted chassis pics of the tubes and the hand wiring. Of my own amp.

I find myself wondering how some people get so bogged down in their own biases that actual pictures disproving their points don't get through...

On a regular basis I encounter people who insist that facts are important to them, they are certain that they know "the facts", but from where I sit, it is painfully clear that all they really know is manufactured propaganda, zero facts and are actually unwilling to be presented with actual facts for their consideration. Nothing I can do in situations like this except walk away in astonishment of the places people get themselves into.

I for one am astonished that some people have even made it to adulthood (physicality anyway).

My dad told me when I was a kid..."being ignorant about something is just part of life, it's a learning opportunity, and that learning experience will most likely make you more intelligent, BUT guarding your ignorance, just makes you a dumba$$."

Pop was quite the philosopher.

These are different times, there are literally endless ways to educate ourselves with documented facts. Some people would just rather guard their ignorance and spew it onto others, if for no other reason than to cause drama. Let's just hope those same people aren't breeding. I mean they are already everywhere and apparently they're chasing the rest of us.

Last edited:
I love learning new things :D

Me too!! I sometimes research the most random things too. One bright side to the information age we live in is, we don't have to wonder or ask 100 people directly about something to educate ourselves. It's all literally at our fingertips...After all, "knowledge itself is power" the guy that said it, was named Bacon. I learned all that on the old interwebs years ago, and besides, who doesn't love bacon?

Wait...don't answer that. I know some are morally opposed, don't eat it because of religious beliefs, don't do meat in general, for health reasons, etc. I respect you, but I'm also sad for you. :(:D

Last edited:
Me too!! I sometimes research the most random things too. One bright side to the information age we live in is, we don't have to wonder or ask 100 people directly about something to educate ourselves. It's all literally at our fingertips...After all, "knowledge itself is power" the guy that said it, was named Bacon. I learned all that on the old interwebs years ago, and besides, who doesn't love bacon?

Wait...don't answer that. I know some are morally opposed, don't eat it because of religious beliefs, don't do meat in general or for health reasons.. I respect you, but I'm also sad for you. :(:D
Just like me with Haggis!

Wait...don't answer that. I know some are morally opposed, don't eat it because of religious beliefs, don't do meat in general or for health reasons.. I respect you, but I'm also sad for you. :(:D

Same. I've been hooked on these two channels lately. They're both run by the same people and are just fascinating to watch (they're not political or anything of the sort).

https://www.youtube.com/c/Theb1mGoogle/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN3aYbtQ7yCqk9DM56B0kEw/videos

...My dad told me when I was a kid..."being ignorant about something is just part of life, it's a learning opportunity, and that learning experience will most likely make you more intelligent, BUT guarding your ignorance, just makes you a dumba$$."

Pop was quite the philosopher.

These are different times, there are literally endless ways to educate ourselves with documented facts. Some people would just rather guard their ignorance and spew it onto others, if for no other reason than to cause drama. Let's just hope those same people aren't breeding. I mean they are already everywhere and apparently they're chasing the rest of us.

MY Dad used to tell me that when I stood in front of the TV while blocking his view of the game, "You make a better door than you do a window, you know..."

Wait did you just compare bacon to haggis?:eek: BLASPHEMER!!!

:D:p

I've never had haggis but if you're saying it is equally as devine as bacon, I have to take your word for it.;)

What say you @Alnus Rubra?

It’s like trying to compare apples and oranges.

I love it, some don’t. A big plate of haggis, tatties (potatoes) and neep (turnip), so tasty!

In the strictest sense the amp is not all tube... It has transformers, capacitors, resistors, pots and wire too.
But to call it solid state is just pain dumb.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, sure. But not their own facts.

Kids these days dont understand the struggle of having to actually read all 32 books of the Encyclopedia Brittanica to find answers for tomorrows homework. Or having to hand copy pages out of Websters Collegiate Dictionary because you did something stupid.

Preach brotha! Preach! I had them too!! That's how I learned about sex...
"When a man and a woman are in love", yada, yada, yada. C'mon...I know I wasn't the only one. ;)

My dad used the dictionary for punishment...no, no, he didn't hit me with it...he just made me hand write whole pages. I was a pretty mischievous (hellion) kid, so I probably got deep into the letter "S" by the time I was in junior high. On the bright side I had a hella vocabulary early on.:cool:

In the strictest sense the amp is not all tube... It has transformers, capacitors, resistors, pots and wire too.

I have a feeling the "not all tube" crowd here isn't going to that level of depth unless they're old school Fender amp fans who refuse to get anything bigger than a deluxe because the rectifier isn't a tube.

The D-style amps should all have solid state rectifiers but I doubt this is what was intended.

It’s like trying to compare apples and oranges.

I love it, some don’t. A big plate of haggis, tatties (potatoes) and neep (turnip), so tasty!

I really want to try Haggis - one of the many reasons Scotland is really high on my list of places to visit.

You make an excellent point - NO amp is all tube if one looks at all components.

Back