Fact resistant people

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
Nope, not getting political - I've just found this interesting. I posted a pic of my VHT D-50 in a Dumblesque amp group on Facebook, of which I'm a member. I now have several posts in which another member is insisting that I'm incorrect, my amp is not all tube and is actually solid state - even after I posted chassis pics of the tubes and the hand wiring. Of my own amp.

I find myself wondering how some people get so bogged down in their own biases that actual pictures disproving their points don't get through...

Nope, not getting political - I've just found this interesting. I posted a pic of my VHT D-50 in a Dumblesque amp group on Facebook, of which I'm a member. I now have several posts in which another member is insisting that I'm incorrect, my amp is not all tube and is actually solid state - even after I posted chassis pics of the tubes and the hand wiring. Of my own amp.

I find myself wondering how some people get so bogged down in their own biases that actual pictures disproving their points don't get through...
You just can’t fix stupid.

Are you sure they’re actually people and not bots designed to stoke outrage? Outside of this Forum, I’m convinced the majority of online interaction is really nothing but bots. :p

I’m waiting for the Monty Python bots to show up - that would be highly entertaining. Life of Brian comes to mind :D

Are you sure they’re actually people and not bots designed to stoke outrage? Outside of this Forum, I’m convinced the majority of online interaction is really nothing but bots. :p

I’m waiting for the Monty Python bots to show up - that would be highly entertaining. Life of Brian comes to mind :D

You make an excellent point.

Somedays I have to constantly remind myself of this quote. "Never argue with stupid people, they will only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

Honestly one of the reasons I like hanging around here.. it's not very often that comes to mind.

Mate, I say **** them. Main reason I have axed most of my online activity including FB and all forums beside this one. I won't waste remaining of my precious time on this world to argue over non important topics - especially gear and tone which is sooooo subjective.

My favorite response is one I borrowed from someone...

WHAT?

P0-640x853.jpg

I believe that when opinions strongly differ and people are certain of their position based upon their point of view, that the truth often lies somewhere in between those two opposing positions. I also believe in; “Seek first to understand, then to be understood.” Pictures being worth a thousand words makes for quite compelling evidence to prove a point. I also believe you can’t fix stupid.

Just let them bias your amp, maybe forget to tell them that the amp might still have an electrical charge in it!

I believe that it’s called therapy.

Opinions are BS, but mine are better than yours:p

Could be, but the reason why some folks are opinionated is because they don't have a clue.

Just let them bias your amp, maybe forget to tell them that the amp might still have an electrical charge in it!

I believe that it’s called therapy.

This. You can put that away now.

Back