Facebook: "PRS Guitar Owners Worldwide" What do you think?

Nice sighting of Ish 5 individually switched single coils with a cool white/pink swamp ash there today.
It was getting more hate than love, but pretty cool.
Yeah, I simply don’t get all of the hate. It was enjoyable meeting Mark at Exp2018...really nice guy. His crew has been taking a lot of flak for doing their job as admins, recently, because of...well...not nice people. This guitar got way too much ire for such a unique design. I’d think twice about posting anything of substance anymore.

So, here's a good example of a current thread and comments from a few lovely members there. These comments follow the posting of a new PS offered by one of our dealers who posts here:

"Looks like sh*t."
"Oh yeah that’s the limited edition WTFPRS"
"Almost everything about this guitar just looks wrong."
"Horrible looking"
"hideous...."

I'm with you, Kerry. But not only do I not "get all the hate," where were these people when manners were being passed out?

So, here's a good example of a current thread and comments from a few lovely members there. These comments follow the posting of a new PS offered by one of our dealers who posts here:

"Looks like sh*t."
"Oh yeah that’s the limited edition WTFPRS"
"Almost everything about this guitar just looks wrong."
"Horrible looking"
"hideous...."

I'm with you, Kerry. But not only do I not "get all the hate," where were these people when manners were being passed out?
I did not particularly like the guitar, so I just scrolled on by, rather than post "hate".

I'm with both of you! Which is why I am thinking about becoming a hermit. If I don't, I fear I may punch a total stranger in the mouth for being a troll.

I’m going to post positive comments (boring I know Sergio and not at all entertaining) and not waste my time with hateful people. Life’s too short!

I am a member if the PRSGOW page. I think overall it is a good place with good people posting and administering the page. Like any page with tens of thousands of members, the admin have their hands full. When a crowd gets that large it will inevitably attract riff raff and trolls.

Therefore, at some point the admin have to draw the line. Do they sometimes screw up and draw the line too quickly? Sure. But the admin have a tough job and overall I think they mean well.

Finally, I joined that page to discuss PRS and PRS related topics. If I want to discuss Strats, for example, I join a Strat page. I dont want to see it on the PRS page. So on the subject of keeping things on topic, I am 100% on admin’s side.

I am a member if the PRSGOW page. I think overall it is a good place with good people posting and administering the page. Like any page with tens of thousands of members, the admin have their hands full. When a crowd gets that large it will inevitably attract riff raff and trolls.

Therefore, at some point the admin have to draw the line. Do they sometimes screw up and draw the line too quickly? Sure. But the admin have a tough job and overall I think they mean well.

Finally, I joined that page to discuss PRS and PRS related topics. If I want to discuss Strats, for example, I join a Strat page. I dont want to see it on the PRS page. So on the subject of keeping things on topic, I am 100% on admin’s side.
IMHO this is the place for PRS discussion. Not FB.
That's just me.

I'm a member. Lots of gorgeous pics. To be honest there are a few too many posts on there. It's the busiest group I'm in and it can be annoying on a busy day. You can turn it off of your feed and have to actively go there to see the posts but I keep the stream going. Not a good place to be if you have PRS envy, some rather spectacular specimens get shown regularly.

Call me a prude, but if I were a moderator I would not tolerate comments like “It looks like sh*t.” And there are a lot of posts more rude with foul language than that which are allowed to stand. Who knows how many children see those posts? I’d give the offender one warning, delete the post, and ban them after a repeat.

Last edited:
Back