Facebook: "PRS Guitar Owners Worldwide" What do you think?

I do this crazy thing on Facebook: I will only add people as friends if I actually know them in some meaningful way and actually like them. My experience is pretty pleasant as a result.

Like some of the others here, I live away from a lot of my friends and all my family, so it's a fun way to keep in contact, even if on a somewhat superficial level.

I try to keep the PRS forums on there limited to looking at cool pics. Even when someone asks an actual question, they get a lot of junk replies and it's not generally worth it to try to be recognized above the noise.

I added people as friends too on Facebook, taking a similar approach to yours, @garrett . However, it has not been as rewarding of late. I've blocked several "friends" and family. Also kind of a downer when friends don't like what you have to say and ditch you instead of working through it or respecting what your point of view is.

Anyway...

Another "Never Facebooker" here! The closest I get to social media is Linkedin and guitar forums.
Most of my relatives know just to send any message to me through my wife anyway.

....................... I don't know what those ''collectors'' have in their heads, some don't even know to actually play it, they just have enough money to buy whatever they want! Come on - I'm thinking about having my personal ''Private Stock'' one day, I almost know what I want, but I swear whatever the price tag will be it will be played, it will have wear over the years and I will love it even more for every personal scratch! If i want to invest for money purposes I'd buy some gold bars :D

PS: Attending a gig of Molly Hatchet some years ago (I think it was in 2006) I was soooooo happy to see a Dragon actually PLAYED!!!

And I'll be happy for you, just like I am for those collectors who bought guitars to hang on the wall or the fishermen who bought them for boat anchors. Why would I possibly care why someone else bought a guitar or what they use it for?

I play in bands and I gig with expensive guitars, but I'm also not going to apologize for not taking my dragons to a chicken-wire bar.

Last edited:
I do this crazy thing on Facebook: I will only add people as friends if I actually know them in some meaningful way and actually like them. My experience is pretty pleasant as a result.

Like some of the others here, I live away from a lot of my friends and all my family, so it's a fun way to keep in contact, even if on a somewhat superficial level.

I try to keep the PRS forums on there limited to looking at cool pics. Even when someone asks an actual question, they get a lot of junk replies and it's not generally worth it to try to be recognized above the noise.

I kind of do the same thing. I keep my friend list as small as possible by establishing some basic criteria before allowing them on the list. Example... limiting my friend list to people I spend time with outside of work (or spend a lot of time at work talking about non-work stuff), people I have shared a meal with at their house or mine, guys I served with in the military who I got along with at least "okay", close personal friends or family who live in other parts of the country or world. Just because we have met doesn't mean that you get to be on my FB friend list. Heck, I even deleted my own sister because I didn't like her BS political posts. hahaha

Basically, Facebook is the only tool I have available to me to keep in touch with my actual friends or guys I served with over 25 years ago. Regrettably, it is also the only way I have ever learned when one of my friends or comrades has passed away, or that a sibling had a new kid and I can keep up with what they are doing. I also have a public personality page which I use to speak publicly about stuff I can't talk about here. ;) I am fully aware of all the baggage that comes with Facebook, but I've been able to use it as a very effective tool to suit my own needs like no other tool currently available to me.

I still use Facebook occasionally, but I never picture gear on it. I'm afraid these mooks out here will recognize my street and poof...no guitars. This place is that small that things are recognizable...

You should join the great "Sticker / Decal Debate" on The Gear Page!

43621835_317332275732792_4318920124091536454_n.jpg
17586898_437040433295214_7258783867438366720_n.jpg

Treat them like babies, they'll start acting like babies.

I'm on there and post maybe twice a year.....I only use FB for my own guitar group

I like looking at the pics and occasionally get a laugh at the drama, but overall I tend to scroll past most of the posts.

And I'll be happy for you, just like I am for those collectors who bought guitars to hang on the wall or the fishermen who bought them for boat anchors. Why would I possibly care why someone else bought a guitar or what they use it for?

I play in bands and I gig with expensive guitars, but I'm also not going to apologize for not taking my dragons to a chicken-wire bar.
Hey, I never took a Dragon to that chicken-wire bar! DGT...well, guilty as charged. :oops:

If I had a nickel for every person that gave me grief for all of the rock chips in the paint and road dust inside my little sports car I daily drove for 8 years, I’d be able to repaint and reupholster it! Do what you friggin’ want with what you spent your $$$ on. It’s still America, biatches! Drive it til the paint falls off or play it until the Dragon bleeds...or not.

Back