Facebook: "PRS Guitar Owners Worldwide" What do you think?

Not on facebook. To me its too much like "keeping up with the Joneses". Just more maintenance (& I have enough of that given my age)

And on cue, some jerk "asks a question" and acts all "curious" about why Mark Tremonti "sucks". Much trolling ensues.

THIS. That's my problem with the PGOW pages. While there are a bunch of good guys, there are also quite a number of D-bags trolls. It's astonishing to me that some people will go out of their way to say something nasty and negative (when it's unsolicited). I remember a dealer, who is an active participant here, posting pictures one of his beautiful new PS creations once, and getting negative comments from a few (and it was a beauty, BTW). :mad::mad::mad: What happened to respect and manners?!!

Markie and I had this discussion years ago, and agreed: If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything. Thumper had it right.

THIS. That's my problem with the PGOW pages. While there are a bunch of good guys, there are also quite a number of D-bags trolls. It's astonishing to me that some people will go out of their way to say something nasty and negative (when it's unsolicited). I remember a dealer, who is an active participant here, posting pictures one of his beautiful new PS creations once, and getting negative comments from a few (and it was a beauty, BTW). :mad::mad::mad: What happened to respect and manners?!!

Markie and I had this discussion years ago, and agreed: If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything. Thumper had it right.

Right there with you. I used to be willing to go back and forth on some things on certain discussion forums (not all music), but I quickly realized some of the people weren't there for a discussion, just to spout their views and bask in all the 'I agree' comments. I had a guy argue with me on a sports forum that I wasn't posting the NHL rule for interference, but the US Hockey or some such thing. After I'd cut and pasted it from the NHL site. That was one of the turning points. Another was a discussion w/Sergio and Rob at Experience a few years ago. I wasn't a fan of the Ignore/Block button, and Sergio said, "Dude - it makes life so much happier when you don't have to see the a$$holes." Converted me completely. I love the block button now. It's my second-favorite button. :rolleyes:

We've had a few threads trend towards the contentious here, but very few lately. Level-headedness seems to prevail. That's why this is my favorite.

Right there with you. I used to be willing to go back and forth on some things on certain discussion forums (not all music), but I quickly realized some of the people weren't there for a discussion, just to spout their views and bask in all the 'I agree' comments. I had a guy argue with me on a sports forum that I wasn't posting the NHL rule for interference, but the US Hockey or some such thing. After I'd cut and pasted it from the NHL site. That was one of the turning points. Another was a discussion w/Sergio and Rob at Experience a few years ago. I wasn't a fan of the Ignore/Block button, and Sergio said, "Dude - it makes life so much happier when you don't have to see the a$$holes." Converted me completely. I love the block button now. It's my second-favorite button. :rolleyes:

We've had a few threads trend towards the contentious here, but very few lately. Level-headedness seems to prevail. That's why this is my favorite.

Right there with you Alan.

When I get the “show ignored content” message - NO THANKS!! There’s a reason why I don’t wish to see what has been posted and engage with this person!

The only way I can quantify the behaviour of nasty people is that they must be very unhappy! Which is a shame. If only they could realise how much there is to enjoy!

I was briefly on Facebook because my kids live in other cities and I wanted to see what they were up to on the platform.

But at some point during the 2016 election cycle, all this horrible stuff started showing up when I logged on, so I shut down my account.

I decided I’d rather hate my friends for their personalities than their politics. ;)

I was briefly on Facebook because my kids live in other cities and I wanted to see what they were up to on the platform.

But at some point during the 2016 election cycle, all this horrible stuff started showing up when I logged on, so I shut down my account.

I decided I’d rather hate my friends for their personalities than their politics. ;)

Similar here. My youngest son and his family were in a distant city, with my youngest (2&1/2 years) grandson.
They now live here, but I managed to join a few guitar pages. A couple I still get feeds from.

I pick and choose, and have no qualms about unfollowing/unfriending anything I find annoying.
A friend from Vietnam and I still post back and forth.

Yeah I checked out the PRS groups on FaceBook, but I like it better here. More rational expertise.

i use Facebook alot because I am 800km from home and it is the easiest way to keep in contact with my friends over there and have some informations what's going on. But the groups are another case, often it's just spam/out-of-topic/garbage promotions/braggers that show off even on ''official pages'' - the page admins rarely can keep up cleaning out all the trash and as they want a max members those are not closed groups with admin approval... anyone can join and that's the trap. I am member of the official PRS page, I think some time i also was on the ''owners worldwide'' but got insultet by all names because my PRS actually shows wear! In their opinion I have to hang it either on the wall without touching it or secure it in a safe. Wtf - such a guitar is made to play and wear over the years is normal and makes it a personal relic! I don't know what those ''collectors'' have in their heads, some don't even know to actually play it, they just have enough money to buy whatever they want! Come on - I'm thinking about having my personal ''Private Stock'' one day, I almost know what I want, but I swear whatever the price tag will be it will be played, it will have wear over the years and I will love it even more for every personal scratch! If i want to invest for money purposes I'd buy some gold bars :D

PS: Attending a gig of Molly Hatchet some years ago (I think it was in 2006) I was soooooo happy to see a Dragon actually PLAYED!!!

Last edited:
I use Facebook a fair bit. As I've got young children I'm one of those that spam it with baby pics (I have nothing else going on in my life now that I have kids!). I'd actually prefer it if other people did the same - or at least use it to tell everyone what they are actually up to, what's going on in their lives. But most people just seem to forward mindless memes, political rants and win free stuff competitions.
I do find that having a much smaller pool of people on there helps (I only add people that I properly know, so I have about 60 friends tops), and even then I have to block the feeds of a huge number that only ever use it to push forward their political biases (who wants to read that stuff for fun).
I am following the official PRS page, and a couple of other official pages, but I find being very sparse with liking/following also helps to keep the crap off of facebook.

Yep. Posting politics on Facebook: You’re* not going to change anyone’s mind, but you will piss off 50% of your readers. What a great plan! Not.

* Editorial “you”.

Last edited:
For me its a good place for PRS eye candy but little more than that, because that forum is a straightjacket that literally permits only posts about PRS guitars. I mean literally. So “one piece bridges versus two piece bridges” is strictly not a legitimate topic, if you forgot to mention that you’re strictly only comparing PRS bridges.

Want to muse about great guitarists in history, like people do all the time here? Muse about pets? Muse about tonewood? Muse about other forums? Zippo. Your post will get deleted. I’m sure the moderators have their good reasons. But I have a better reason not to join.

Last edited:
I started Facebook for much the same reason. I worked 700km from home. My daughter moved across the country. It’s a convenient way to get a sense of what is going on with people you care about. Instagram is friendlier though.

Paul Smith was playing a dragon the first time I saw him. All the collectors I know personally play the best guitars they own.
i use Facebook alot because I am 800km from home and it is the easiest way to keep in contact with my friends over there and have some informations what's going on. But the groups are another case, often it's just spam/out-of-topic/garbage promotions/braggers that show off even on ''official pages'' - the page admins rarely can keep up cleaning out all the trash and as they want a max members those are not closed groups with admin approval... anyone can join and that's the trap. I am member of the official PRS page, I think some time i also was on the ''owners worldwide'' but got insultet by all names because my PRS actually shows wear! In their opinion I have to hang it either on the wall without touching it or secure it in a safe. Wtf - such a guitar is made to play and wear over the years is normal and makes it a personal relic! I don't know what those ''collectors'' have in their heads, some don't even know to actually play it, they just have enough money to buy whatever they want! Come on - I'm thinking about having my personal ''Private Stock'' one day, I almost know what I want, but I swear whatever the price tag will be it will be played, it will have wear over the years and I will love it even more for every personal scratch! If i want to invest for money purposes I'd buy some gold bars :D

PS: Attending a gig of Molly Hatchet some years ago (I think it was in 2006) I was soooooo happy to see a Dragon actually PLAYED!!!

I belong...I even got to be a banner picture. I'll post my DGT everywhere. Shoot, I'm even on the Couch website...I AM EVERYWHERE.

I am on Facebook - it allows me to say all the things that forums don't. It's my own little soapbox.

Back