Experience w/ Custom 22 artist or McCarty dc245?

Hey experts, do all 57/08 pups come engraved on the front. Or were there some polished nickel ones that did not have the engraving?

I have a different thinking on this point. For me, the LOOK of a guitar is almost as important as the sound.

‘Almost’ being the operative word.

Everyone here likes a good looking guitar. I’m sure most would also say they prefer a guitar that sounds good. It’s great to have both.

As I said, “Pick your poison,” i.e., do what you like. There are no rules.

‘Almost’ being the operative word.

Everyone here likes a good looking guitar. I’m sure most would also say they prefer a guitar that sounds good. It’s great to have both.

As I said, “Pick your poison,” i.e., do what you like. There are no rules.

The same can be said the other way too. I don't think I have ever heard a Paul Reed Smith that sounded bad... :D

I agree! Though there are some that are downright magical.

The one thing I can say is that at the price point that core (or even S2) PRS's are at, we can be a little but more "picky" about some of the differences, that are almost always minor, on these ridiculously nice guitars. Every single one of them is not just professional quality, but collector quality instruments. We are just spoiled by having had them in our possession so we quibble over the little things.

But I think that is part of the fun ..... we get to be guitar snobs when forking over that kind of dough.

I traded for my Artist 22.

I had a Brian Setzer Gretsch I wasnt using and a guy in San Diego wanted to trade. We swapped pics of the guitars and I headed to SD to do a deal.
We met at a train station under an overpass and did the deal. It seemed sketchy but I wasnt too worried.
I opened the Gretsch case and he said deal.
He opened the PRS case, I picked it up and played it and said Deal!
I took a chance without plugging it in but I couldn't let that beauty escape.
I did head straight to Guitar Center to "try out an amp"

So to the OP---- if you love both, get both. Dont let them slip away.
Good luck and let's see some pics.

Thanks. The CU22 is a trem, which is not a plus for me. I like it on my strat but prefer the hardtail on all of my other guitars. The 57/08's and the hardtail are the plus for the DC245. The neck on the CU22 is its plus, along with the aesthetics. It's a dilemma, as both is just not an option right now. It may just come down to a coin!

Nah, if a trem is a detriment.... Ted all the way.

Good news, bad news, good news:
GOOD -- everyone has been super helpful and I am WAY more informed than I was when I left the original post.
BAD -- the storm in the northeast yesterday and the upcoming holiday have conspired to postpone my test and purchase of the 05 CU22 Artist and the 09 McCarty DC245. It won't be until AFTER the holiday weekend. ARGH!
GOOD -- There is still time for anyone who wants to add in their thoughts about the two differences about the guitars and the Dragon II vs 57/08s.

Even if I get no more posts on this, know that I am super amped (Sorry. Word play. ) about the site and the community that has come together to inform an eager listener. You guys rock. And roll.

You bastages!!!!

You got me gassing for a set of 57/08 pups.

I hate you all!

p.s. just ordered a set.

But they will go in my 1989 CE24 (avatar guit) to get rid of the duncuns someone put in it.
Ha! I love this post. It's a reminder that all of our words and actions have influence in the world! Cheers, and I hope they add to the already great guitar you have in the 24.

Ha! I love this post. It's a reminder that all of our words and actions have influence in the world! Cheers, and I hope they add to the already great guitar you have in the 24.
especially in a group of addicts [like us] who would be on a PRS guitar geek forum ;)

Back