Experience PRS & 30th Anniversary Message from Paul

james

Administrator
Staff member
"Hi everyone,

After a lot of thought, we have decided not to hold Experience PRS 2014 this September. We are very actively planning some special celebrations for our 30th year both at our factory and elsewhere. I can’t talk specifics just yet, suffice to say we have big plans, and we will be spending a great deal of energy to get things rolling. We’ll keep everyone posted on the specifics as we can. To the fans, dealers, distributors, press, and artists who journey to Stevensville every year to enjoy and absorb our Experience PRS event, we thank you. Your support has been paramount to that event’s success.

When we started in 1985, we had a vision of success for the future but no real understanding of what the next thirty years would hold. Thank you for being part of the PRS family. We look forward to celebrating with you soon.

My best,
Paul"

Im sure something equally amazing will be planned but reading the words "decided not to hold Experience PRS 2014 this September" printed really put a wrench in my gut :(

WHAT?! Bummer. Good thing I went last year then. Hopefully PRS has something else planned.

I only hope they dont replace it with many regional events.....I look foreward to seeing a lot of guys that live all around the country and it wont be the same without having everyone at a single event :(

"Hi everyone,

After a lot of thought, we have decided not to hold Experience PRS 2014 this September. We are very actively planning some special celebrations for our 30th year both at our factory and elsewhere. I can’t talk specifics just yet, suffice to say we have big plans, and we will be spending a great deal of energy to get things rolling. We’ll keep everyone posted on the specifics as we can. To the fans, dealers, distributors, press, and artists who journey to Stevensville every year to enjoy and absorb our Experience PRS event, we thank you. Your support has been paramount to that event’s success.

When we started in 1985, we had a vision of success for the future but no real understanding of what the next thirty years would hold. Thank you for being part of the PRS family. We look forward to celebrating with you soon.

My best,
Paul"

Mine says something a bit different...I have bolded it.

Hi Jesse,

After a lot of thought, we have decided not to hold Experience PRS 2014 this September. We are very actively planning some special celebrations and Signature Club sessions for our 30th year both at our factory and elsewhere. I can’t talk specifics just yet, suffice to say we have big plans, and we will be spending a great deal of energy to get things rolling. We’ll keep everyone posted on the specifics as we can. To those of you who have journeyed to Stevensville each year to enjoy and absorb our Experience PRS event, we thank you. Your support has been paramount to that event’s success.

My best,

Paul Reed Smith
PRS GUITARS

In my opinion, rethinking the format of X:pRS is good thing. It started as a party; a time and place for PRS enthusiasts to gather and celebrate our common interests. With respect, it turned into a sales camp. This, of course, is just my opinion.

I remember showing up over an hour early in 2008. Hansen and I sniffed the ground till we found out where the sales area would be. They left it a secret back then. We rushed to get in line before anyone else - especially our friends from Japan - who are masters at the art of buying the very best guitars as soon as they're available. It was organic. It was new. You had to put some energy into getting what you wanted out of it. I believe PRS is looking to recreate that energy - for their benefit and ours.

Good farmers know when it's time to let the soil rest.

Having never made it to an Experience weekend, I can only imagine the delights PRS will have available at a 30th Anniversary celebration…I'm starting the NGD fund today!!:rock:

I only hope they dont replace it with many regional events.....I look foreward to seeing a lot of guys that live all around the country and it wont be the same without having everyone at a single event :(

I will miss this part too. It was great getting to meet and hangout with all you guys.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;129486 said:
Good farmers know when it's time to let the soil rest.

Yep.

I am sure the 30th activities won't disappoint. Here's to the suspense!

The earlier EXP's were the best!
Like Hans said.....it was a PARTY with clinics being held all day long, and great Concerts (Santana & Buddy Guy) to enjoy at night.
In fact......not a lot of selling was going on,,,,,especially after the Japanese dealers went thru the holding area.......but it didn't matter......we were there for the Party, friends from near and abroad, and to get a shot of Jamies Knob Creek!!! :)

The earlier EXP's were the best!
Like Hans said.....it was a PARTY with clinics being held all day long, and great Concerts (Santana & Buddy Guy) to enjoy at night.
In fact......not a lot of selling was going on,,,,,especially after the Japanese dealers went thru the holding area.......but it didn't matter......we were there for the Party, friends from near and abroad, and to get a shot of Jamies Knob Creek!!! :)

A shot? I seem to remember someone with a serious hangover… ;)

Well, crap...where am I gonna get my annual $80.00 charity t-shirt...too bad, but I'd imagine we won't be disappointed in other events mentioned!!

Ouch! Last year was a real blast finally knowing some people at EXP, and every year has been better than the last for the three years I've attended. As disappointed as I am, I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Back