Experience NGD - McCarty content

toothace

Zombie Thirteen, DFZ
I went to Experience hoping I wouldn't find anything...I've been saving and scheming for a PS build. Last week when I was in Brian's Guitars he asked if what he could keep an eye out for me...so I told him bluefish, McCarty, figured ebony board, quilt. Now I had discussed with my fiancee making a purchase at the event...if it checked enough boxes to hold me over until the PS was more do-able. So when I walked over to say hello to Brian Friday night and he said something along the lines of "there's only 1 blue McCarty here and it's pretty much what you are looking for except the quilt, but it's a 10 top. It's in the back room let me see if I can get it for you to take a look." According to the MODCAT, it's a 10 top , Gaboon ebony board, and the color is Blueberry(confirmed at the factory...I found a list in the wood storage area where they must pull blanks to match necks bodies to tops). Add 58/15 pups and I'm assuming Paua with MOP outline birds and how could I resist???

IMG_7865_zpsj17n9apv.jpg

IMG_7866_zpsqjshmaay.jpg

IMG_7869_zpswianajqb.jpg

Playing it through my Archon 25 sounds simply amazing...it's already been said how great these pups are...creamy to crunchy and everything in between!

Beautiful! Blueberry is the right name for that one; I want to bite it looks so good hah

Sweet as sweet! I'd rock that thing hard! Congrats on the NGD! (and again on the pending nuptials). Great weekend for you!

I went to Experience hoping I wouldn't find anything...I've been saving and scheming for a PS build. Last week when I was in Brian's Guitars he asked if what he could keep an eye out for me...so I told him bluefish, McCarty, figured ebony board, quilt. Now I had discussed with my fiancee making a purchase at the event...if it checked enough boxes to hold me over until the PS was more do-able. So when I walked over to say hello to Brian Friday night and he said something along the lines of "there's only 1 blue McCarty here and it's pretty much what you are looking for except the quilt, but it's a 10 top. It's in the back room let me see if I can get it for you to take a look." According to the MODCAT, it's a 10 top , Gaboon ebony board, and the color is Blueberry(confirmed at the factory...I found a list in the wood storage area where they must pull blanks to match necks bodies to tops). Add 58/15 pups and I'm assuming Paua with MOP outline birds and how could I resist???

Playing it through my Archon 25 sounds simply amazing...it's already been said how great these pups are...creamy to crunchy and everything in between!

Very nice one, especially the Blueberry finish! Stunning! Congratulations :D

Back