Experience 2020 announced

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
Looks like maybe we'll make it without me having to pull out the big guns. :) (Not to minimize Manilow).

It occurred to me that there is a holiday and "new year" season between now and the PRS Experience 2020 event. So that means that those tight lipped PRS people may already have some new PRS guitar guitar offering in the pipe which they are not yet telling us about. So it may just be that I have no way to tell what my next guitar might be in the event they release something new which I might wind up liking. Or, maybe they'll release something new which doesn't suit my preferences. I really like to plan my purchases as far ahead as I can, especially when they are as expensive as a new PRS guitar tend to be.

I have some questions for "Experience" veterans out there...as luck would have it, I'm going to be very nearby that week and would be able to visit the event for 2-3 hours one of the days. So my questions are...

1. How much are tickets? Are there different ticket levels for the exhibitions during the day versus the concerts in the evening?

2. Given that I'm only going to have 2-4 hours one of the days, probably around lunchtime, is it worthwhile to still plan on making the side trip? I'm excited to go check out the factory and all the guitars but I won't have time to take in everything they offer.

3. How's parking? Is it easy enough to get in/get out during the event? Should I plan to get there right when they open to avoid the crowd or is the crowd pretty much there all the time?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

ap

I have some questions for "Experience" veterans out there...as luck would have it, I'm going to be very nearby that week and would be able to visit the event for 2-3 hours one of the days. So my questions are...

1. How much are tickets? Are there different ticket levels for the exhibitions during the day versus the concerts in the evening?

2. Given that I'm only going to have 2-4 hours one of the days, probably around lunchtime, is it worthwhile to still plan on making the side trip? I'm excited to go check out the factory and all the guitars but I won't have time to take in everything they offer.

3. How's parking? Is it easy enough to get in/get out during the event? Should I plan to get there right when they open to avoid the crowd or is the crowd pretty much there all the time?

ap
1 Tickets are free. Signature Club members typically get a head start.
2 in 2-4 hours you can ogle tons of guitars, have a beer, catch a seminar and see a bit of the factory. Worth the trip.
3 it’s easy to get in and out, but close parking goes pretty quick. Be prepared for a bit of a walk from your car to the factory.

Veinbuster, thanks for the quick response! Sounds like it's well worth the drive over to check it out. I suppose the biggest risk is walking away with one of those beautiful guitars, which might make it an expensive side trip...truly one of life's big problems.

ap

Just to add to veinbuster's reply, the first day there will likely not be anything until the evening, and that will be for Signature Club members and their guests (based on previous years).

If you can show up on Saturday, 2-4 hours around lunchtime should be enough time to convince you to call off sick from your other commitment. But given your time frame and what you've said you'd like to do, you can definitely cruise the sales floor and get through most of the factory stuff in that time. Saturday festivities started at 11 AM last year.

Back