Experience 2016?

We would be amenable to tastings at multiple locations. Flying Dog is on my list, but a bit lower down - and they might not be any closer to PRS.
Tell me about Dogfish. I think I saw a Miles Davis bitches brew by them at the store tonight. I needed something cold though and it was a single pint 9.5 oz bottle warm on a shelf. I saw Dogfish Head in 6 packs in multiple varieties but wasn't sure if it was the same brewer.

Tell me about Dogfish. I think I saw a Miles Davis bitches brew by them at the store tonight. I needed something cold though and it was a single pint 9.5 oz bottle warm on a shelf. I saw Dogfish Head in 6 packs in multiple varieties but wasn't sure if it was the same brewer.
Since I travel a bit, I like to search for the 'best' of certain things. Craft beers is one of those. Dogfish Head in Delaware is certainly top 3 in the ones I've tried so far. Their beers are very flavourful and robust. They have some interesting wood aged beers - Palo Santo Marron was the one that made me a big fan. It is dark, 12% (or there abouts) and incredibly good.
If my daughter can make it east we'll do tastings at Troeg's (30 minutes from me), Dogfish Head, then Flying Dog (which I've never had).

EDIT: You don't have to drink it warm. I don't. I drink it out of the fridge.

Last edited:
Since I travel a bit, I like to search for the 'best' of certain things. Craft beers is one of those. Dogfish Head in Delaware is certainly top 3 in the ones I've tried so far. Their beers are very flavourful and robust. They have some interesting wood aged beers - Palo Santo Marron was the one that made me a big fan. It is dark, 12% (or there abouts) and incredibly good.
If my daughter can make it east we'll do tastings at Troeg's (30 minutes from me), Dogfish Head, then Flying Dog (which I've never had).

EDIT: You don't have to drink it warm. I don't. I drink it out of the fridge.
Cool, I will try some of they're offerings. I waste so much time standing at the beer coolers. I love that there's so many choices, but man.... They had Flying Dog at the last couple Experiences. I liked it a lot. I hope they have them back this year. If you ever make it to Madison WI, you must go to Ale Asylum. Good stuff.

I don't have issue with warm beer if that's how it's meant to be drank. I wasn't sure on that one.

I hope they have them back this year. If you ever make it to Madison WI, you must go to Ale Asylum. Good stuff.

I don't have issue with warm beer if that's how it's meant to be drank. I wasn't sure on that one.
I go by Madison at least once a year so I'll make that a stopping point on the next trip and give them a try.

All of the Dogfish Head I've had was meant to be served cold, so the place you saw it probably just ran out of cooler space.

I go by Madison at least once a year so I'll make that a stopping point on the next trip and give them a try.

All of the Dogfish Head I've had was meant to be served cold, so the place you saw it probably just ran out of cooler space.
Ale Asylum is right by the airport too. Hit me up the next time you come thru!

I googled bitches brew and they say it's meant to be cool but not ice cold refrigerated.

Ale Asylum is right by the airport too. Hit me up the next time you come thru!

I googled bitches brew and they say it's meant to be cool but not ice cold refrigerated.

Great. Now I'm thinking about a Hopalicious.

Back