Experience 2012 Model Rumors

I'd second the call for a McCarty Korina Narrowfield. Wrapover (or Bigsby) would be awesome with that combo, I think. Heck, give it a solid Rosewood neck and make it a Korina ME III :)

That one was built in 1982, and yes, it's a 27-fretter. Killer neck, and really nice tone.

It belongs to my great friend who happens to be the other guitarist in my band (Last Remains), Jeff Avery. The guitar was actually stolen once while Jeff was on tour, and recovered a week later. Seems the frat-boy who took it had a roommate who was a fan, and recognized it immediately. He convinced the thief to return it to the club where it was abducted, and the club owner called Jeff to come pick it up.

Nah, I think it's a Frankie lookalike :p

japrsfc.jpg

Last edited:
Special Rosie-necked Floyd Rose run!

1) SE Bass
2) Custom 22 Trem w Piezo
3) 22 Nylon String
4) Replacement bridge w piezo for hard tail and trem.

Since the P22 is so new, maybe they will keep us hanging for another year on a trem version.

having just bought a 2011 Experience. I hope the new ones suck! Just kidding

When do they usually release the details. At the Experience event or before?

having just bought a 2011 Experience. I hope the new ones suck! Just kidding

When do they usually release the details. At the Experience event or before?

They usually release them at Experience but its not uncommon for dealers to release the info early to stir up business. I remember all of us "oooohing" and "aaaaaahing" over last years Experience LTD models Thursday night while we were all at the hotel because some dealers had them already inside to sell on Friday and one dealer posted photos of it on an eBay auction.

Definitely a production bass... Maybe even an SE Bass, no stupid EQ just a well crafted instrument with solid pickups...

Some alternative shape like a Vee would be really cool or maybe even something along the lines of a solidbody Dweezil with a Floyd?

Maybe a stripped back single humbucker CE22 with maple neck and board and a Floyd? (Yeah right)

Personally though what I really really want is a return for the Santana DC22...

Some more solid paint colours would be cool too, I know it's a shame to hide great maple under paint but some of those old solids were awesome!

Thinline Singlecut also maybe?

Well now I'm finished designing the new model range :)

Paul keeps saying how much he hates Floyd Rose trems....

Makes you wonder how the SE Torero came about...

Last edited:
How about a PRS that looks like this?
tfc4.jpg

No trees were harmed in the making of this instrument;)
tfancil

You gotta wonder if Hans will be punished again this year.....

A hollowbody with one-piece Brazilian Rosewood back, mastergrade Adirondack Spruce top, Pernambuco neck, Brazilian fingerboard, and the new & improved Super-Duper Piezo system. 9 volt battery not necessary if you opt for the micro flux-capacitor option :)

I'd like to see a Stripped '58 with a trem (floyd would be awesome) and old bird option.

I'd love to see a limited run called the "Natural Series" where they have a bunch of models with unstained tops, but with some specialty woods that are normally reserved for PS - yet might not make the grade and are laying around. Imagine a mahogany, burl, spalt or koa topped limited production run. Offer a singlecut, a custom and maybe even a 408 equipped version.

Here is a production model with a burl top and artist package from, I believe, 2005 that I was in love with (I just am not a gold hardware guy at all):

5576004794_9044165a76.jpg

Last edited:
Back