EXP2016 Early Bird Registration is now open!

Rapdog - highly recommended. The sales floor the last couple of years had several hundred guitars up for grabs, plus the dealers were able to claim guitars beforehand. Prices vary, but in general, there seem to be some deals to be had. At the very least, you'll likely never have as wide a selection to pick from in one physical location.

Beyond the sales floor, Experience is a really cool hang out. There's good food and drink to be found, great music abounds, and you can meet and talk to the people who make the guitars we all love. It's hard not to come away with a greater appreciation for what goes into an instrument after you've had a chance to see what goes into it behind the scenes.

In addition, you'll likely have a chance to run into some of the nice folks from this board (and the Vintage Rocker board), and honestly, it'd be hard to find a nicer group of people.

On the downside, I'll be there, too, so you may run into me. So there's that. :confused:

Basauri - the special runs usually have Experience pricing, but everything PRS sells goes through the dealers. I'm sure you'll get plenty of recommendations.

Last edited:
Recommendations for newbies?
I didn't know that I had to buy through a dealer. I thought the factory would sell those "special run" directly and with factory price.

PRS depends on it's dealer network. Undercutting them, or selling direct would not be in their best interest...

And the Private Stock room will be open :>)

Last year Paul was the most relaxed I have ever seen him. A very cool time, smaller and more intimate. I'm hoping for another like last year.

Mike

Last year, I came as a non-member, so was only able to get in once it was open to the public. There were hardly any guitars for sale by that point. That said, I was informed that it wasn't like previous years.

I think I'll be joining the signature club this year.

Last edited:
OK so trying to work out the logistics of signing up and making it this year. Any suggestions for hotels and such?
A lot of guys stay at Hilton Garden Inn in Annapolis. That's the only place I've stayed. I'm gonna try the Springhill Suites across the street this year. I'll walk on over for the lobby hang. I believe PRS has a list on the event page of their site as well.

Would Love to see Bernie again.. Saw that the Original line up of Santana was out in support of a new album.. they Seem to have the month of June off before going to Europe.
Could that be one of the Shows.. Would be Fricking Awsome. I'm hoping one of the Shows is Davy Knowles.

Yes, Rapdog, highly recommended. Great entertainment, good people and more selection of guitars than you are likely to find elsewhere. Most experiences have had special run guitars - varying numbers of a different take on something in the line. Sales are done by dealers and some are more flexible on price than others. The key is that there is a huge selection and if you want something that a dealer hasn't claimed yet, you can by it through any of the dealers you like. There are always some great people to work with there - I have my favourites that I know will give me a fair deal.
Yes to all that! It's an absolute blast! I went to the 2010 event and met great people and learned a LOT about the guitars and company. The artist showcases, demos, and lessons - all of it was amazing! I'm psyched to being going back this year - may need to get a new CE and come full circle with the PRS that got me started!

Used some points and got a room at the Westin in Annapolis - looking forward to my first Experience!

Back