Exercise routine

Glad to know that,this is quit impressive i pray for them that they remain like this always.That must be because the good diet and maintaining all physical stuff.
You should take care of their physicality and the diet especially.

Last edited:
When I turned 40, I started playing golf. I'm 56 now and have lost 40 lbs over this time span....I know it's been a slow process but I would still be 240 or more if I didn't. Walking 18 holes two to three times a week is like walking 18+ miles. My wife also keeps me busy with house work... ever try bringing a cubic yard of gravel up a steep hill? It took 20 wheel barrels going backwards up the hill this weekend.

I don't get out on the bike trail too much, but I do ride the stationary bike a fair bit. We're not the people who get the bikes and let them become clothes storage - we're on the fourth bike, and we've worn the other three out. The current one is a Livestrong recumbent that tracks your data - I checked the other day, and in about two years, I've got close to 3100 miles on it. That I've tracked to my ID. I'm in winter mode, so I'm doing the 35 minutes I do on the mornings I work at home, plus another 45 at a slightly slower pace 5-6 days a week. And a little weight lifting.

Like the neck on my SC 245 - still wide fat.

This is the same basic diet I follow. (just add a couple of drinks on the weekend and a little snacking from time to time).

That's great Shawn, you'll keep on dropping weight for sure! I'm doing some further reading now, Gary Taubes' "Good Calories, Bad Calories" which explores the conventional medical wisdom theory of fat accumulation is simple caloric difference (e.g. putting more in than what you use), and proposes a counter theory that it's only carbs which lead to fat accumulation, carbs drive insulin levels in your bloodstream, insulin levels in your bloodstream regulate fat accumulation.

The other theory is eating the same amount of calories from fat/protein will yield much less fat storage than the same amount of calories from carbs. How is this possible? Where does the energy difference go? It takes more energy to metabolise fatty acids into ketones/glucose, than it does to turn carbs in to glucose (unless it's already glucose of course!).

It's turning it less into a physics theory and more into a physiological theory.

I've just started an experiment on myself with severe carb restriction, I'm at around <30g of carbs per day (ketogenic diet) and the 2nd day in. The theory goes that you enter a state called ketosis, where since you don't have carbs available, your liver starts making ketones for your brain to use (instead of glucose) and you also start accessing your own body fat storage more readily and more efficiently. What's the benefit? More energy than ever before (since there's no carb high/low insulin rollercoaster), longer period between meals before hunger, and increase efficiency of burning fat cells.

Ok maybe I find this stuff way too fascinating, but I do want to share this with you guys: You don't need to exercise like a maniac to lose weight, it's mainly diet. If you can minimise your carbs, and get most of your energy from protein/fat (assuming it's from a good free-range or organic source, and not polyunsaturated) then you will lose weight, lots of it, and very quickly. The other benefit is you'll be less likely to cause inflammation within your arteries, and less likely to have a cardiovascular disease, since we're now finally coming to the realisation that dietary let alone blood cholestrol is not responsible for CVD.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthsc...get-Cholesterol-Inflammations-the-Real-Enemy/

Back