Everything is too venomous at other sites

The guitars are just better looking here. Knows what I sayin?
Tieq.gif

The anonymity of the internet has made warriors out of wimps. At least in words. It's an ugly thing. I prefer to stay on sites that promote civility and friendship.

^^^ This!

This is a comfy, well organized place filled with great people.
Win!

^^^ And this!

I am a moderator on one guitar site. The owner has made it blatantly clear. No politics. No religion. No hate. No exceptions. Everybody on the site knows it and that site, not unlike this one, is a place everyone can go and discus guitars and music and not worry about the vitriol. On a couple occasions members started down the wrong path. The first time I asked the owner if I could warn the guy and he said "No. Just delete him". Which is what I did the second time.

Well actually here we discuss guitars, music and skunks. But that's ok:cool:

We (the mods) try to take a hands-off approach, so if you enjoying hanging out on this forum, thank the members. If that includes you, then thank you!

it’s great when it’s small enough and you have a good crew of members to keep it above board

my complaint at tgp (and as you know I’m a mod there and besides Scott and Alec, I’m the longest tenured..BaM as well once am upon a time) the larger it gets the harder that is to keep going.

Tgp has gotten too big to keep the great feel a forum like this or the old PRS forum or BaM had. With Facebook it’ll become fewer and farther between

it’s great when it’s small enough and you have a good crew of members to keep it above board

my complaint at tgp (and as you know I’m a mod there and besides Scott and Alec, I’m the longest tenured..BaM as well once am upon a time) the larger it gets the harder that is to keep going.

Tgp has gotten too big to keep the great feel a forum like this or the old PRS forum or BaM had. With Facebook it’ll become fewer and farther between

Very true! There are some other PRS-centric places on the internet that are not as hospitable as this forum.

None of us are perfect, but we do need to engage brain before putting mouth in gear (I’m often guilty),and remember that very nice people who don’t agree with us are still very nice people.
The "edit" feature is a wonderful saviour for fingers that are too quick. Several times I've posted something and then immediately thought "OOOhhh, that's going to be taken wrong".

Yeah, some of my friends don’t understand this place. My wife certainly doesn’t. She’s still convinced I bought myself an SE 245!

You shouldn't have said that. We're going to pass around your address and start sending you a bunch of stuff that will get you in trouble. BTW, do you have a latex allergy?

Last edited:
The "edit" feature is a wonderful saviour for fingers that are too quick. Several times I've posted something and then immediately thought "OOOhhh, that's going to be taken wrong".

That happens to me like, every other day. :oops:

My favorite thing to do when deleting an awful comment I made is to imagine they’re stored somewhere, and James will release them upon my death (or eventual banning).:confused:

I don't know how you do it, Mike. I really don't. There are SO many people there. And, I'm convinced that a quick IP trace would show that some people like to sign up with a new name just to be a doofus.

I know you guys tolerate a lot. In fact, I've been there 12 years and only gotten in my hand slapped twice. One was a minor infraction for a buddy bump in a sale thread... back when that was totally the norm. The other one, of course, was one time I said something joking but I offended several people. My buddy Lance (whom I was in business with at the time) is Jewish. He had a pedal listed for sale in the emporium. I literally had the pedal, as Lance is in South Africa and he wanted it here so when it sold in the US I could ship it. Someone asked it the price was negotiable and I replied "Are you kidding? Lance is Jewish. OF COURSE the price is negotiable!" Unfortunately, I posted that late at night and went to bed. By the next day at lunch time when I checked in, there were 3-4 guys who replied and thought it was funny, 3-4 guys who replied who knew both Lance and I, but 3-4 who replied saying it was offensive and was going to get the thread shut down, etc. Lance and I both replied that it was a joke and we were friends, but someone had already report it to the mods and I got a ruler across the knuckles.

This as at the same time I was still in the other forum I mentioned above, where people were literally bashing each other all the time, and direct personal insults were almost in every post in some thread areas, so I was caught off guard for getting in trouble over a joke with a friend. But, I was reminded that not all jokes between friends should be said out loud. Much less in a forum of over 200,000 people.

The moral of this story: Don Rickles would never make it on the internet today! :rolleyes::D

Last edited by a moderator:

There’s an “edit” button!;)

You shouldn't have said that. We're going to pass around your address and start sending you a bunch of stuff that will get you in trouble. BTW, do you have a latex allergy?

There’s only one way to find out!:D

I don't know how you do it, Mike. I really don't. There are SO many people there. And, I'm convinced that a quick IP trace would show that some people like to sign up with a new name just to be a doofus.

I know you guys tolerate a lot. In fact, I've been there 12 years and only gotten in my hand slapped twice. One was a minor infraction for a buddy bump in a sale thread... back when that was totally the norm. The other one, or course, was one time I said something joking but course I offended several people. My buddy Lance (whom I was in business with at the time) is Jewish. He had a pedal listed for sale in the emporium. I literally had the pedal, as Lance is in South Africa and he wanted it here so when it sold in the US I could ship it. Someone asked it the price was negotiable and I replied "Are you kidding? Lance is Jewish. OF COURSE the price is negotiable!" Unfortunately, I posted that late at night and went to bed. By the next day at lunch time when I checked in, there were 3-4 guys who replied and thought it was funny, 3-4 guys who replied who knew both Lance and I, but 3-4 who replied saying it was offensive and was going to get the thread shut down, etc. Lance and I both replied that it was a joke and we were friends, but someone had already report it to the mods and I got a ruler across the knuckles.

This as at the same time I was still in the other forum I mentioned above, where people were literally bashing each other all the time, and direct personal insults were almost in every post in some thread areas, so I was caught off guard for getting in trouble over a joke with a friend. But, I was reminded that not all jokes between friends should be said out loud. Much less in a forum of over 200,000 people.

The moral of this story: Don Rickles would never make it on the internet today! :rolleyes::D

Oh... I’ve been treated to a vacation for some of the dumb sh!t I’ve said over there too.

Sorry, @Big Mike :oops:

And is it just me, or do forum moderators all seem to be just a little touchy about posts related to their wardrobes? o_O

:cool::p:D

Back