Every Time I Watch This...

Not only has he achieved mastery of his craft; not only is his tone smokin'; not only can he create parts that blow the top of my head off; but that band is so f#cking tight it's beyond belief.

And he has stage presence, and can sing.

I've seen a lot of great bands and great players in their heyday - all of us have. This performance exceeds anything I've ever seen. It's fire.

Love me some Bonamassa. I discovered him early on in his career. I have been following him for quite a while. He is a monster player. He has something that he considers a weakness in his playing that most of us would love to have. He can't play legato. He has to pick every note. I saw him talk about it in an interview once. I would love to be able to do that. I have to use legato because I can't pick that fast on those fast runs. I suppose if I focused on it I could speed it up a bit but the legato approach works for me.

His guitar tone in this video fits the 80's songs he pulls out better than Just Got Paid, IMHO.

Love me some Bonamassa. I discovered him early on in his career. I have been following him for quite a while. He is a monster player. He has something that he considers a weakness in his playing that most of us would love to have. He can't play legato. He has to pick every note. I saw him talk about it in an interview once. I would love to be able to do that. I have to use legato because I can't pick that fast on those fast runs. I suppose if I focused on it I could speed it up a bit but the legato approach works for me.

His guitar tone in this video fits the 80's songs he pulls out better than Just Got Paid, IMHO.
Likewise. I've been on board since the Bloodline days of the mid 90s

The tone works great in a context like this though, I think.

He really is not only a great player, and seems like a good guy, he’s a heck of an entertainer!

I'm not buyin' it.
You could probably bury that kid.
He doesn't even know enough to stay below the 12th fret.
I agree! When he first came on the scene the talent was there but he played wayyy too many notes. But he listened and learned and became a very good singer as well. But is he my favorite performer? Oh no.

Back